RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are having a discussion in our training group. A dog goes to a thrown bird, picks it up walks a step or two drops it then stands on top of it and pees. The dog may not be peeing directly on the bird but it is within inches of it. As a judge is the dog DQ'd from an AKC Hunt Test? Looking for a judges input,because people in the group disagree on the answer.

Thank You

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I would post this on the main forum- you'll get more responses.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
IMHO, yes, the dog would be dropped.

My reason is that the bird is not fit for human consumption after a dog whizzes on it. I think I've even heard judges mention this particular issue.

Sounds like the dog needs a little more work on his HOLD.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
More than likely, yes he would fail. But, If I am the judge, that handler better get that bird out of the field. And he can take it home with him.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
We are having a discussion in our training group. A dog goes to a thrown bird, picks it up walks a step or two drops it then stands on top of it and pees. The dog may not be peeing directly on the bird but it is within inches of it. As a judge is the dog DQ'd from an AKC Hunt Test? Looking for a judges input,because people in the group disagree on the answer.

Thank You
Dog should be dropped, all kinds of issues and faults relative to Rules/Regs. From personal perespective, buddy had a dog MH /QAA and he immediately retired 8 year old dog on the spot, dog peed on bird then picked it up brought in, good bird freshly shot flyer no excuse.
I have never had that problem, but, would probably do the same thing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts