RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched BEST IN SHOW for the first time last night. Many of you have probably seen it. I think that it was very funny. I saw several people who could have been members of my club which is really a breed club. Of course I didn't see myself in there.

If you haven't seen this movie take a look

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
My parents showed Old English Sheepdogs when I was young... went to lots of dog shows and when I saw that movie I LMAO!!! I saw so many characters and scenes in that movie that reminded me of real people and actual events.:D

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My parents showed Old English Sheepdogs when I was young... went to lots of dog shows and when I saw that movie I LMAO!!! I saw so many characters and scenes in that movie that reminded me of real people and actual events.:D
They are all there!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Quite a few yrs ago I had Austrailian Cattle Dogs and was at a Confirmation show and herding event. There were a few people going around interviewing people and asking questions about the show circuit for a "documentary" . ACD people for the most part aren't all that up tight and when the interviewers came to my GF and I we had a laugh about some of the questions, a couple of the interviewers relaxed over a beer with us and admitted they were making a spoof movie about the dog show people, then out comes this a couple yrs later.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
The couple with the Weim are all to common!

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
That movie is CLASSIC! I watch every time its on.... they pegged it-

·
Registered
538 Posts
I watched BEST IN SHOW for the first time last night. Many of you have probably seen it. I think that it was very funny. I saw several people who could have been members of my club which is really a breed club. Of course I didn't see myself in there.

If you haven't seen this movie take a look
That movie is really a documentary.

Regards
Jt

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm afraid if they made a movie about half the things that go on in the dog show community, it would have to be 'R' rated. The partner "musical chairs" among the professional handlers would be worth the price of admission. Let's not even talk about Clarol #50 and hair extensions!

Sigh ...

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
For those that have not seen it yet, they are spoofing the Westminister Dog Show held in February every year. Watch the Westminister Dog show sometime and listen to the interviews. If you have ever belonged to an all breed dog club that holds breed shows (I did for 8 yrs in TX), that movie is spot on with what goes on.

I laugh everytime I watch it. My favorite is the guy with 2 left feet.

Dawn

·
Registered
227 Posts
I like the poodle name Butch, which was a Bitch, which led to some funny banter.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The announcer made the movie even better. Forgive me if I forget his name but he kept making football references and saying crazy stuff almost John Maddenesque.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I laugh everytime I watch it. My favorite is the guy with 2 left feet.

Dawn
That guy with the 2 left feet is the spitting image of my friend's father. He even talks like him. Too funny!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts