RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Favorite dog

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help on finding a dog trainer near north east texas for my male lab thank yall for all of yalls help

H

·
0 Posts
I would recommend Angie B. of Tioga Retrievers. She has worked wonders with a friend's dog after other trainers washed out the dog.

My pup will be there this summer!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Pete Marcellus said:
What do you want for your dog: basic OB,hunting, hunt test, field trial?

Pete

Thinking of going pro Pete? 8)
Between the two dogs you have now you've got a pretty impressive record.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OHH sry i forgot to say what i wanted t for well i want my lab to have good OB but i also want him to be able to duck hunt with me.

He is 95 pounds is he to big(sry im just starting out duck hunting so i dont know much)to be a duck dog or should i have my female trained she is 60 pounds but i like to breed her.She is having her first litter real soon :D Thank yall

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its not really a poll i was just wanting to see what yalls favorite dog was i was just wondering what was more popular

·
Registered
892 Posts
BearBeatsAll said:
Its not really a poll i was just wanting to see what yalls favorite dog was i was just wondering what was more popular
You left out the Golden Retrievers off of your poll.

·
Registered
323 Posts
BearBeatsAll said:
He is 95 pounds is he to big(sry im just starting out duck hunting so i dont know much)to be a duck dog

He's not too big, but it wouldn't be wise for me and him to go out on choppy water in a 10ft skiff.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
How old is your dog big Bear.

I'm sure Angie B. would love to take in an older dog to do some OB and retrieving drills. :lol:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thinking of going pro Pete?
Between the two dogs you have now you've got a pretty impressive record.
Geeez no! Guthrie would make fun of me for having my dog professionally trained! HaHa!

One the serious side, I was just wonderin what he (or she) was looking for. Could've wanted agility training for all I know (which isn't much).

Pete

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can go to Texasretrievers.org and get a list of alot of pro's in North Texas. I have my dog with Steve Stidham and am very happy. If you need any other info let me know.

Terrt

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Angie is a great choice. Im not a client but have seen what she can do with dogs that others have not been able achieve succes with, now that takes talent. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dog training near North Texas

Hammer2306, LuckyDucker and Mike Boley have all given you the right recommendation. Angie B. at Tioga Retrievers is the only way to go. But, if you are serious, don't wait to long to contact her. Her kennel is filling rapidly and unlike some other trainers, she will not take more dogs than she and husband Tim can handle. If a kennel has 35 dogs and one trainer and one junior trainer, you are not getting much for your money. Do the math. It takes time as well as ability to train retrievers.

Ed Fletcher

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
So BBA what is the verdict. have you found a trainer?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WEll i havent yet found a dog trainer i would like to go to angie B but it is a little to far because i want to see my dog some but i may end up goin to her anyways There is a guy kind of close to me but i dont know if hes any good?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
who is he?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts