RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Would/Did you use your dog(s) in your wedding ceremony?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get an idea whether or not I'm the only nut who thinks the dogs should be part of the wedding ceremony, after all they are part of the family and our only kids.

If you used your dog(s) in your ceremony, could you please tell me in what way.

Thanks,

FOM

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Years ago at one of my sister's weddings, my dog was the ring bearer. The rings were tied with ribbons on a little pillow thing and the dog delivered the rings.

Andy

·
Registered
111 Posts
I voted no, the SOB always gets drunk and causes a big fight. He is not going again!!!

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
I did. Champ carried the ring inside a bumper that was cut open and tied with a bow.

We had the whole pack in the truck and they all were present at the reception. What dorks we were back then! :wink: (Met my wife at a hunt test in 1998)

The one on the left is now three-legged and white-faced (Luke), the one in front of me was the ring bearer and is now deceased. The little black one is doing great and doesn't look like she's aged a day since the wedding in 2000. The one on the right is Bubba. He's a bird-crunching machine. He's arthritic in both elbows at age ten and will likely live another 10 years... :roll: :wink:

Chris

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
It's corny but I love it.

I dyed 2 bichons' blue for a clients wedding. They were cute!

Angie

·
Administrator
3,831 Posts
Will and I renewed our Wedding Vows for our 10th Anniversary. We had always planned to go back to Hawaii for our 10th, but decided the money was better spent on the new house/kennel :) So, we used a "Hawaiian" theme for the ceremony. Holly & Chelsea were the "Flower Girls"

Chelsea waiting her turn to walk down the aisle

Holly waiting at the altar while the ceremony was ongoing

Vicky

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I'm never getting married, but if I did that would be cool. :lol:

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
For a woman that was not used to the dogs, having them in the wedding would certainly set the stage for the future :!: :D

I voted for it :)

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
A general comment--

If you've had enough time to train a dog well enough to have your dog at your wedding, you've probably been single a long time and spent many a Saturday and Sunday morning after turning in early on Friday or Saturday night and, well, you deserve to do whatever the heck you want at your wedding.

I have the dog. He's almost trained.
Anybody up for a wedding?

:shock:

(I might need some remedial heeling practice, though.)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Why would you not want your dog there on the second happiest day of your life? Be the third with your next puppy right!?
Kidding!
Jan

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Hey FOM,

everyone seems to be doing the ring bearer thing.... how about unrolling the aisle runner?

How many do you have that you are trying to include? :D

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I only have Flash (6 years) and Bullet (will be almost 2) - was thinking Flash would be a ring bearer with David's nephew walking with him. Bullet I'm not too sure of yet.

My biggest fear is that if I let flash come up the aisle by him self, he will get "distracted" and try to mark territory! :shock:

We want an outdoor wedding - I can see it now - I'm going to have to wear a whistle - <tweet, tweet, TWEET> "Here damn it! HEEL!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

FOM

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Hey Lainee-

Congratulations!!

A Newfy friend of mine had her (now their) dogs in the wedding. One was ring bearer & the other carried her train & the 3rd carried the basket of of petals for the flower girl.

M

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I think it is cute when dogs are part of a wedding.

I personally did not involve my dogs in our wedding though. My undoggie friends think my life revolves around the dogs too much anyway.

Funerals where the owners dogs are in attendence upset me greatly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If I ever go braindead and get married, I would have my pointer Gunner as the ringboy. He's a big, clumsy, goofy lapdog that is always good for a few laughs. It would have to be an indoors wedding though, otherwise he would run off and try to find himself a date to the after party! :lol:

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
[quote="FOM"I'm going to have to wear a whistle - <tweet, tweet, TWEET> "Here damn it! HEEL!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

[/quote]

Is there a problem with this???? :lol: :lol: :lol: Congrats! Can someone from RTF go and take pictures, posting them while the event is happening?

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JD,

Sure! Maybe we can even start a RTF Pool to see how long it takes Flash to wander off and me too turn red and pass out from blowing the whistle! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FOM

1 - 20 of 25 Posts