RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
I have the duel remote but only one collar at this time. I like the remote. don't see the use being any different if i had 2 more collars to have 3 dogs.

But have had the issue where i was trying to get a correction and wasn't looked down and the collar diel was on 2 not 1.
my fault not the remote other than it does change easily .

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
But have had the issue where i was trying to get a correction and wasn't looked down and the collar diel was on 2 not 1.
my fault not the remote other than it does change easily .
I have done the same with my Garmin collars, while the innocent dog had the collar on.
I now have one transmitter for each collar.

Reactions: saltgrass

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with the dual remote offered by Dogtra?
I use my Dogtra RT with two dogs when I pheasant hunt - mainly the tone to turn them back in range. It is not convenient for this use. The RT is fine for training, but I am thinking of getting one with simpler two dog controls:
Dogtra and Garmin have many collars that accomodate 2 dogs and I am not familiar with the controls on the various models.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
I use my Dogtra RT with two dogs when I pheasant hunt - mainly the tone to turn them back in range. It is not convenient for this use. The RT is fine for training, but I am thinking of getting one with simpler two dog controls:
I do the same. This transmitter works well. I think Dogtra makes a similar one.
  • Garmin Sport PRO Handheld

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with the dual remote offered by Dogtra?
I own a 3502X that is AWESOME!!!
I’ve owned several Dogtra collars and launcher electronics over the last 20+ yrs. I’ve never had to send any of their products in for service until I ran over my 2-dog unit with a 3/4 Ton truck and the transmitter did not have a crack on it…Good stuff!!!

Note: The remote only had a bent knob stem and slightly scratched the display. Amazing how tough Dogtra transmitters are built. I actually used it for a few weeks and decided I’d better have Dogtra fix it. My turn around was a week and a half. LIKE NEW!!!
GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Reactions: highdesert

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone.
I run the Garmin 550 now, I have two dogs and twice I’ve messed up and nicked the wrong dog.
I was wondering about the 3502X since it has two different set of controls for each collar, vs a switch to go between them.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
I prefer the dogtra 1902 dual collar easier for my mind to figure out than the newer 3502X. Orange button=orange collar Black=black. My favorite collar was the 3500 as it had a mile range. Down side of the 1902 and the original 3500 was that you had to use the same pressure level with both dogs; but i find it easier just to turn the dial b4 I correct than to worry about 2 separate orange and black dials. The reciever just seems to bulky for when I'm upland hunting which is usually when I'm using a multiple dog system.
Will say for 3-4 dogs the regular hound edge (4 colored buttons=4 different dogs) and the collars light up in the dark (different colored LED) that I think is pretty cool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts