RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am needing 6 new tires for the dogtruck. I've had very good luck with Toyo.

What are some of the best deals out there? I have LT235/85r16 on my truck now (Toyo brand).

Any recommendations? Local store in town has them but they will cost me $600 more than I can get them off the internet for.

WRL

·
Registered
1,942 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would check out Hankook Tires. My wife has a set on her car and they have about 40,000 miles on them and look brand new. They have a 100,000 mile warranty. My uncle also has them on his truck and loves them. Plus they are cheap...well not cheap but cheaper than most.

They will be my next set for my truck. Or Goodyear Duratracs.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Cooper ST's in 235/16" will last the longest. I had mine on my 350 for almost 60K. Had Toyo's once, first set on it. Lasted to almost 40K. Goodyear's about 25K. Have BFG's now....don't expect much from them but, traction is awesome.

Cooper ST's all the way. Cost is fairly low too in the 235/16" size. Les Schwab is a rip-off anymore.. Ellensburg Tire always seems to have good prices. Can't remember if you have a Cooper shop in Moses or not but, I'd assume so..

·
Registered
455 Posts
Michelin LTX A/T I had 3 sets of these on my DRW 1 ton all 3 sets went over 75,000 miles one set went to 92000. ice and snow performance was better then the Goodyear's i had and i could only get 40 to 45000 miles out of them. when i was racing snocross just about every DRW truck with a big trailer was running them the milage performace was grate. the extra 20 per tire is well worth it
Duane

·
Registered
4,805 Posts

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
When I've shopped tires Sams Club was by far the cheapest everytime. I know they stock Michelins and BFG, I don't believe they have Toyos.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I just made the decision to go with Michelin LTX AT 2 for my F250. Been looking for about 2 months camparing tires. They cost a little more, but I feel they are worth it. I got a price of $1150 for 4 tires mounted and balanced with an alignment. tire size is LT265 70 R17. The size you need will probably be less money. I think these tire will give me the best mileage and traction and last the longest. Jim

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have been in the tire industry for almost 20 years. Here is what I can tell you. There are alot of good tires out there but stay away from goodyears at all cost and I would stick with the Toyos. You can buy off the internet they will cost less but remember the cost for rotations, flat repairs, rebalancing, initial mounting and balancing, plus most likely no warranty.

From the Local dealer which I am assuming is Les Schwab. You get a great warranty good at over 400 locations. including free flat repairs, rotations, rebalancing, and road hazard warranty. In the long run the tires will most likely cost less at the dealer.

·
Registered
6,516 Posts
I would get round ones. I went out Saturday morning and one of mine was flat on one side. :confused:

·
Banned
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Les Schwab is a rip-off anymore..
Yeah I know. They want $600 bucks more for them. That's who I called first.

I picked up 4 Yokohama tires for $720 with mounting and balancing. I hope they last. Will run them for a bit and if I like them will go back for more.

Company was great to deal with and customer service was awesome.

WRL

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Yeah I know. They want $600 bucks more for them. That's who I called first.

I picked up 4 Yokohama tires for $720 with mounting and balancing. I hope they last. Will run them for a bit and if I like them will go back for more.

Company was great to deal with and customer service was awesome.

WRL
We put highway tires on the fronts of a lot of our work dually's. Front tires get shredded up fast and the close shoulder(closed tread on the outside of the front tires) will make them last through two changes of rear tires. We always ran Les Schwab tires from the commercial services dealer in Kent and they recommended the set up. It worked very well. Don't need a lot of traction on the front anyways. 90% highway, 10% off road on mining sites/heavy construction sites.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Ive been searching for a while for my 2010 Suburban. Problem is the 18" wheels. I want an A/T LT tire not a P tire. So far its just the BFG A/T's and Im concerned that its more road noise than I'd like.

If anyone has come across anything else Im all ears.

LT 265/65/18

1 - 13 of 13 Posts