RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have had some "early" maturing pups before, but this is getting ridiculous! Spent 1/2 hour playing with the 4 wk old (today) pups on the deck- watching them rough house and letting them chew on my shoes. During that time, 3 of the males were wrestling with various siblings which all ended in some dominant "humping" behavior. They just starting walking/running without falling over for crimany sakes! The girls aren't much better, they see one of their brothers minding his own business, playing or exploring, and they go running at them, tackling or just plowing over the poor guys. I see that they are going to be dirty fighters!
I have had one or a couple (usually one of each sex) pups each litter be a more aggressive/fearless pup, but never the whole litter :razz: Thankfully, they are all going to experienced and/or pro trained homes !

Maybe it's all that "Itchin To Go" in the pedigree :)

http://gooddoginfo.com/gdc/asp/viewPercentInPed.asp?DogNo=99664&GenNo=12

·
Registered
658 Posts
Some litters are just more active at earlier ages, we had a Cosmo litter recently that was hell on wheels. Not a cull in the bunch, eating at 2 weeks and 4 days old, the whole litter hit the water together at once and swam at a little over 4 weeks old. Now at 10 weeks the one I kept is 24 pounds retrieving, swimming like a fish and pretty much fearless. She hung out at the Atlanta Retriever Club trial this weekend like she owned the property and knew everybody.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts