RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ed Could you please explain some of the details regarding Check Drops? Is it considered safe? In what cases is it not recommended? If you do use it how soon is the dogs next heat when you discontinue? Can you expect the second heat to come at her pre check interval? I'd like to time the second heat if that's possible so it doesn't fall in Nov. There are probably other things I should know but don't know what to ask. Thank you Ed

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Breck said:
Hi Ed Could you please explain some of the details regarding Check Drops? Is it considered safe? In what cases is it not recommended? If you do use it how soon is the dogs next heat when you discontinue? Can you expect the second heat to come at her pre check interval? I'd like to time the second heat if that's possible so it doesn't fall in Nov. There are probably other things I should know but don't know what to ask. Thank you Ed
Breck,

Search on Cheque or mibolerone, there is a fair amount of info on the subject.

I get mibolerone from Road Runner Pharmacy.

Jeff

·
Registered
9,885 Posts
Breck said:
Mibolerone is an anabolic steroid subject to DEA regulations, suppliers must keep accurate records of current stocks and disposition.

It is the safest drug for suppression of estrus in female dogs. Some bitches will have a slight milky vaginal discharge while on Mibolerone.

Mibolerone should be started 30 days prior to the onset of the heat cycle, after discontinuing it bitches will typically cycle in 2 to 9 months. It should not be given until a bitch has had one normal heat cycle and it should not be given to bitches whose PRIMARY function is reproduction.

Mibolerone is currently only available from a compounding pharmacy, and as jeff t indicated Road Runner Pharmacy in Arizona is the current reliable source.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Ed
I searched for info like Jeff suggested.
From what I read of the risks I will probably just let nature take its course and learn to live with missing trials.

·
Registered
9,885 Posts
Breck said:
From what I read of the risks I will probably just let nature take its course and learn to live with missing trials.
If you read the potential side effects of any drug, human or animal, you would never take anything or give your dogs anything, it is actually quite safe, we've used it on our own bitches and had subsequent successful pregnancies. I do not have any recollection of anyone's bitch having reproductive problems after using Miboleroin as directed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts