RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Stay home and compete in big trial or travel to a small trial.

• Stay home and run local big trial

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Travel 500 miles to a smaller trial.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking @ EE I have some options so the question is would you rather stay in you own bed and run in a large trial ? Or travel 500 or so miles to a different trial with maybe 1/2 the enties ? The open is a limited but my dog is qualified to run. I did also say I would help marshall the AM.

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
All QAA dogs are not equal, as entrants, that is...just because it's a limited, doesn't mean all of the QAA dogs are ready for the Open.

All things considered, I'd have to see a pretty weak field and know the grounds and the judges before I'd do a 1000 mile round trip for two stakes, assuming you'd run both the Am and Open.

If your dog is ready to win, you might feel better about your chances against a field half the size. That said, you'll be one tired puppy on Monday.....

kg

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Re: Drive 15 minutes to big trial or 500 miles to small tria

Steve Amrein said:
travel 500 or so miles to a different trial with maybe 1/2 the enties ? The open is a limited but my dog is qualified to run. I did also say I would help marshall the AM.
Steve,

Buy a couple of unabridged mysteries on CD, set your cruise control on 77 mph and take of tour of rural Kansas, you'll enjoy the experience 8)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Richard Halstead said:
It's much less expensive to stay home to go out in the first series than to drive 500 miles to not get called back.
AMEN! Used to have a trial in my backyard about 10 minutes away. Ran it for years never did much of anything at it. The short drive home felt good!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts