RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
What a hoot!

These guys may start a whole new duck hunting craze in the younger folk!

BHB

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
This is by far the best talkshow, mainstream duck calling thing I've seen.

I remember a decade ago or so, Barnie Calef was on the Good Morning America show with the pre-lapband Al Roker. Like most times when a duck caller is on TV, it was made into a "stupid human trick" where the TV host basically makes fun of the calling and makes fun of the caller.

What I liked about Conan's approach with the Robinsons is they let Phil play the role of the teacher and the calm authority, while Conan played the role of the comic - goofing on himself. Very well done.

Chris

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
This is by far the best talkshow, mainstream duck calling thing I've seen.

I remember a decade ago or so, Barnie Calef was on the Good Morning America show with the pre-lapband Al Roker. Like most times when a duck caller is on TV, it was made into a "stupid human trick" where the TV host basically makes fun of the calling and makes fun of the caller.

What I liked about Conan's approach with the Robinsons is they let Phil play the role of the teacher and the calm authority, while Conan played the role of the comic - goofing on himself. Very well done.

Chris
I couldn't agree more but, it is the Robertsons. ;-)

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
I couldn't agree more but, it is the Robertsons. ;-)
Yep, that was a slip of sorts. I do know what their name is. I just got off track typing a bit.

One of the songs I pick away at is in Open E tuning called "She talks to Angels". The guitarist (and the brother vocalist) both have the last name that I typed....

I have two sons. IT is a 50/50 chance that I will call them by the right first name. Many times I will call them one of the dogs' name.

It reminds me of an old, old Bill Cosby routine where his kids thought their names were some expletives. In one case, he calls the wrong kid the wrong expletive. The kid corrects the dad and says "No dad, his name is Jesus Christ. I'm ______(expletive)_____"

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
Yep, that was a slip of sorts. I do know what their name is. I just got off track typing a bit.

One of the songs I pick away at is in Open E tuning called "She talks to Angels". The guitarist (and the brother vocalist) both have the last name that I typed....

I have two sons. IT is a 50/50 chance that I will call them by the right first name. Many times I will call them one of the dogs' name.

It reminds me of an old, old Bill Cosby routine where his kids thought their names were some expletives. In one case, he calls the wrong kid the wrong expletive. The kid corrects the dad and says "No dad, his name is Jesus Christ. I'm ______(expletive)_____"
Can't tell you how many times I've called my daughter, Tou, name of my YLF;-)

TV ratings for Wednesday night. Duck Dynasty's .6 wasn't enough to topple South Park's 1.3 but, enough to beat Bill O'Reilly's .4 :D

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...eout-duck-dynasty-more/128755/comment-page-2/

·
Registered
6,382 Posts

I've watched that Bill Cosby standup many times. Funny thing is I told somebody about that part just last week. Love the stories about raising kids. "Dad is great. He gives us chocolate cake.".

·
Registered
111 Posts
Jacob I never knew you were in thier neck of the woods... have yah ever met them ?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Has the video clip been taken down? All I'm getting are commercials?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts