RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to ask everyone... after watching Duck Dynasty this week it made me think: What do those guys have for dogs?? I see dogs in their dvd's and notice a retriever in the footage, but I wonder if they actually own labs or train labs...

anyone have any idea??

·
Registered
227 Posts
In one episode they were in a blind over flooded timber and there was a Black Lab retrieving for them

44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, not that it matters but I was just curious because I never see any dogs around in their show! Other than the small terriers Phil has in his house... I just figured with the amount of duck hunting they do that they would probably own some real good dogs! Wasn't sure if they train them by themselves or just purchase finished dogs.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Phil has black female. She can bee seen working in some of there DVD. Ay one point they even owned and ran a kennel. Dont know if they do anymore.

·
Registered
182 Posts
W.e. Phillips (red dawg in the old video's) owns duck men kennels here in Arkansas. The retriever you see in the video now is one of his bitches. Phil lost his old dog sue a few years back. So he uses w.e. Dogs to hunt with. They may have other dogs but don't know. I think her name is cotton. All w.e dogs are nice field bred and he only breeds to FC's.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sweet ole peggy sue was his pride and joy i know that much when she passed no idea who came in.. I agree though they need more footage of dog work then maybe all the haters on here wouldn't give a good show a bad rap

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
W.e. Phillips (red dawg in the old video's) owns duck men kennels here in Arkansas. The retriever you see in the video now is one of his bitches. Phil lost his old dog sue a few years back. So he uses w.e. Dogs to hunt with. They may have other dogs but don't know. I think her name is cotton. All w.e dogs are nice field bred and he only breeds to FC's.
I trained one of his dogs last year that was exceptional and picked up 300-400 birds his first season. Doubt they ever would fall for the Wildrose gimik.;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts