RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched half the show. What happened Phil---used to admire you. What a joke, and I think it gives all waterfowlers a bad name.

"Reality" TV. No, not real! Comedy, maybe--not when you are killing animals though. Wrong. Perhaps that is what the "new" generation of duck hunters think. I hope not.

I lost a lot of respect for the duck commander.

I learned one thing from the show--Willie's wife is "hot" and she can't play football.

How does a a sport steeped in tradition digress to such a level?

Answer: $$$$$$$$$$$:confused::confused:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Poor excuse for television!!!!!

·
Registered
592 Posts
We have 50 girls hotter than her within 1 mile of our house! Gimme a break.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Haven't seen the show yet but it's all about money. Cant argue with the success he has had. Have to respect how well he has done. But things definitely have changed over the years

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Phil Robertson was a darn good QB in his day,maybe as good as Terry Bradshaw, but as he sys, " Terry chased the bucks, and I chased the ducks"
Its like watching the guys from ZZ Top wearing camo and playing duck calls instead of guitars

·
Registered
348 Posts
The best thing about TV , you can change it with the push of a button . And i take it you have never met them either :p

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
tried to stay up and watch it, past my bedtime. I'll have to wait for reruns......

·
Registered
442 Posts
I enjoyed it. No where did I see that it gave waterfowlers a bad name. Not much hunting in it but that was to be expected, its not a hunting show. I think its great that guys that promote the sport of hunting can actually make it on to a more mainstream prime-time network.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I really enjoyed the show. The Robertson's have become very successful business people. It is reality TV and "It is what it is..."

I laughed out loud during the show and came away with the bottom line: For the Robertson's it is all about Family, Faith and Life at it rareist form. Nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
That was good Television!

Funny and entertaining. I almost busted a gut when Willie jumped out of the boat on the frog hunt.

Jase Robinson; If you are too busy to hunt and too busy to fish, then you are just too busy!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I enjoyed it. No where did I see that it gave waterfowlers a bad name. Not much hunting in it but that was to be expected, its not a hunting show. I think its great that guys that promote the sport of hunting can actually make it on to a more mainstream prime-time network.
Me too. I was actually surprised they even showed any shooting at all. The show is not about duck hunting, it's about a family business. BTW: if they need someone to drive the big truck I can do that.

·
Registered
234 Posts
yawn, boring.

I don't think it is marketed at duck hunters. More marketed towards non-duck hunters, as in look at these freaks, highlighting their non-tradtional lifestyle, blah blah BLAH!

I'd rather be watching decoys, duck killing, dog work ! :snipersmile:

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
That was good Television!

Funny and entertaining. I almost busted a gut when Willie jumped out of the boat on the frog hunt.

Jase Robinson; If you are too busy to hunt and too busy to fish, then you are just too busy!
I agree.

It certainly won't be winning any Emmy's, but I was entertained.

·
Registered
50 Posts
They still have the other show which is more of a "hunting" show! I think this show puts waterfowlers in a great light...It shows what a family business can accomplish with hard work and dedication, the fact that this family has been so succsessful and built such a good and strong business by making a duck call is pretty neat if you ask me!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I enjoyed the show a lot. Its about their mega million dollar duck call family company not a hunting show. I was also very surprised to see them shot anything at all on A&E

·
Registered
30 Posts
I forgot it was on last night.....kind of mixed review I'll have to wait and watch it for myself next week.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I'm glad to see some good reviews. I will say that sometimes it's hard to watch all these shows about Louisiana life and not have the 'ok that's just fake' attitude.

Like Red Jacket Firearms. Man Will has got the run around from LA Fans, especially on our site(Bayoushooter.com). We talk to him often about the show and much is up to the script writers, not HIM. It's done wonders for his business, but from what I can tell, he seems to be getting warn thin on the whole mess of it.

But when your pockets are filling up, you can withstand a lot of headache.

I do have a lot of respect for Phil though, and it has nothing to do with ducks or hunting.

Hopefully it turns out good and they don't let the 'Drama' game take over like showing them and their wives arguing over no coffee :rolleyes:

/

1 - 20 of 224 Posts