RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Live ducks for training are very hard to come by. We got four Khaki ducks and several of them flew very well out of a winger for a bit.
Yates had his first live ducks. On the last one the duck hid running away from the fall area and by laying its head flat. Yates worked the cover in a figure eight and found him.
Since then we can't find any. Some want $30 each. Going to remote trade days soon.
I check Craigslist every day.

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My problem is I can only keep one or two. Our HOA would have my hide if I had a bunch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wayne,

The 4 States trial in Simms would be a good place to get ducks. The trial is being held on Mark Madore's property and you could probably arrange to buy some from either the club or Mark post trial. I know at the Tulsa Trial we hade close to 40 ducks left over and sold them at a discount to be done with them. You just need to be there when the trial finishes up with money in hand.

Richard

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm going south, way south, to buy some live ducks from a supplier on 11/17/21. I can pick up an extra one or two if someone needs a duck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Live ducks for training are very hard to come by. We got four Khaki ducks and several of them flew very well out of a winger for a bit.
Yates had his first live ducks. On the last one the duck hid running away from the fall area and by laying its head flat. Yates worked the cover in a figure eight and found him.
Since then we can't find any. Some want $30 each. Going to remote trade days soon.
I check Craigslist every day.
I have Mallard is central Texas, $16 .
Mark 210-410-8827

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wazo, Where in Central Texas?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Shirley they would not object to a couple dozen emotional support animals?
They wouldn't if Shirley or General Gates announced that Reveille and a litter of 13 were coming to live with Wayne and Yates.

Wayne also has confided that he is considering putting soft taco shells on armadillos as 'chutes, and either launching them from a winger or out of one of the vintage cannons at the Alamo, whichever he can come by first.

MG

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Where I’m going on Wednesday isn’t quite that far south. About halfway to Hillsboro but a bit west.

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In business for this weekend and next. Four mallards
Wood Road surface People in nature Asphalt Grass
Wood Road surface People in nature Asphalt Grass

Reactions: Kenneth Niles Bora
1 - 20 of 41 Posts