RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am looking at picking up an e-collar for use with smartwork.

I see that several are expandable to add other dogs as needed. I wondered, is it common for collars to interfere with each other?

Like for example, if an other trainer corrects his dog, could my dog get nicked also?

What about EMF interference from other devices? Common?

How does one avoid this? Are there channels or something?

Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Each collar is linked up to a certain transmitter. If you are going to run multiple collars off of one transmitter the transmitter has a switch that you select which collar you want to control at that time. I have been to training days when 15 guys all have e-collars out and have never seen or noticed a dog that got hit from someone elses transmitter.
yes, I imagined that is the case. But if you can buy an add-on collar then there must be a way to link the 2 units.

Similar to my garage door opener working on the neighbors until I changed the channel inside the unit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes there is a way to link upto 3 collars to one transmitter( TriTronics). When linking Tritronics collars you push and hold the button on the collar and the continous button on the transmitter for 5 seconds. I dont know how it actually transmits but when linking I assume the transmitter is sending a signal and the reciever is trying to accept one so when the signal goes through they become linked to each other. I dont know if they use a channel or not but if they do its nothing you can adjust on your collar, and I have never seen or heard of a transmitter sending a signal to more than one collar. I believe if you take my collar and link it to someone elses transmitter than my collar will no longer work with my transmitter, preventing another dog from being hit.
Great, that's the info I was looking for.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts