RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a new ecollar purchase. Just curious on what everybody is using and why. Obviously I have my eye on Tri Tronic but I currently use a Dogtra just is not expandable that is why I am upgrading.

What do you use and why. What do you feel is a must in a collar?

Also what about the sport collars never used one how do they differ from the pro and field series?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Why do you want a collar in the first place....trying training without an e-collar and lets take this minority to a majority.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Why do you want a collar in the first place....trying training without an e-collar and lets take this minority to a majority.
And your point? That's irrelevant to the OP. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it.

Dependability is what i look for mainly. Can't go wrong with a TT. My past experiences with Sport Dog have turned me against their products, so i definitely would not choose them. A tritronics would be your best bet foe a long lasting and dependable collar.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MattC:

Thanks I did not make myself clear ...as usual... When I said sport collars I meant the tri tronic sport series. i actually forgot about sport dog. The only two that I would really consider without some significant salesmanship (why I posted this in the first place) would be tri tronic or dogtra. Just wondering what all use. I am looking at the flyaway or the pro 200 but the price on the sport series keep making me look them over.. just something tells me that i may not be entirely happy. The one thing I do not like about my dogtra is the inability to turn up the heat with the push of button or two. You have to physically adjust the dial and without looking you either get not enough or too much. What do you use?

·
Registered
265 Posts
The field and pro series are much easier to use,than the sport series,fit in the hand nicely,and your fingers are right on the button.The dial is still on the top,and you have to look to adjust it,personally I feel it is way too easy now to "Turn up the heat" I liked the old collars where it was set at the collar with a plug.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Get the TT pro 500. Easy to use & get to the L, M, H. I hate the expandable but thats the way they come now. Too many times I've bumped the switch from blue to black and missed a nick.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got my TT sport combo, have to say I love it! Everything I needed for the right price and very easy to use. (Thanks for all the guidance Dale;-))

BTW collars when used correctly can be a great tool.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I started out using Sport Dog and it worked, then an Innotek and really liked it, until the collar wouldn't charge, had it exchanged and that one would not hold charge, then they wanted to charge me. should have been a warranty thing. I then bought a TT Flyway G3 and loved it, still have it, but when we got the new pup and I started training him with the flyway, the intensity level I needed was in between what the flyway could give me in continous. So I bought a Pro 100 transmitter and could not be happier. I still have the Flyway and a collar for it and it is used by my wife and daughter when I am not around

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Try a search. This comes up a lot. I'm not into "expandable" and have 2 Dogtra 1800's 8 & 7 yrs old - daily use in summer. Replaced batteries 2 & <1 yr ago. Simple and dependable. http://www.gundogsupply.com/dogtra1800nc.html

BUT it looks like it's being discontinued, judging from the Dogtra site.

I went to Dogtra when I had trouble with an earlier model TT. I had a 2000 that was OK, but not as good as the 1800.

My 1800's should go another 5 years and then I'm not sure what I'd get. Features on the TT Pro series are nice, but they have too many switches and buttons...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I went with the TT sport combo. Closest thing to the pro series for less money.

It has the ability to have a low and high nick along with continuous with one dial setting.

Low and high continuous with nick on another dial setting.

The third setting has nick, continuous, and tone, which i don't often use.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What is the difference between the Pro 200 and Flyway. The comparison chart with Tri tronic makes them appear the same. I can not swing a 500 right now the 200 is in the upper limits of what I really want and can afford but if the 200 is better then I would dig a little deeper for the 200. the 100 just has more continuous and I was really looking for more momentary.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts