RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I want to warmly welcome Tyson le Clercq. Tyson is our newest, ID verified new member of the RTF resource.

Frankly, Tyson and I had a bit of a back and forth before he chose to activate his account. Know what: I get it! I'm not sure that I would join a "free forum" if they wanted proof that I was who I said I was. Tyson and I had some exchanges and I believe I had sold Tyson enough that I was a real guy, running a real resource.

All I wanted to do was make sure Tyson was a real guy with a real name too, and not someone playing games, making up fake accounts. We eventually got there. Tyson trusted me and provided proof of ID - eventually. I trusted Tyson and activated his new account on RTF.

Today I just completed my second "sweep" of the new account applicants that came in over the long weekend. It was quite an eye-opener for me. There were literally dozens of new account applicants that came in over the long weekend. I just sent out a group email from my maximusretrievers email account that will probably look like spam to some. But for now this is the best way to process new applicants. It is manual, it is one at a time. I don't like doing it anymore than you guys like scanning or taking a picture of your license with your phone or camera and sending it over. But this is where we are today.

I trust that this new process will keep our community robust on RTF, using the resource for its intent - to provide value to the global community.

Please join me in welcoming Tyson. I know where he's from and it's a cool place. But it's his business, as to whether or not he wants to share with you guys where he is and what he does with his retrievers.

Thanks to each and every one of you for making this resource what it is. If you are a new applicant, know please that I am not interested in messing with your identity. I just need proof that you are who you say you are. I can no longer trust folks to be who they say they are. Some of you have experienced this with me and understand why this is the new standard.

Thanks to Ted Shih and Andy Whiteley for sharing their weekend with me. What a great experience. I want to apologize for the horrific first setup which we scrapped - my fault. I want to apologize for the thunderstorm that blew in later on Friday and caused us to have to clear the field for safety. Again - my bad. I want to apologize for the long throw on the flier that was called a no bird....yes, I caused it from the line. :cool:

Hey, the next time you are at a trial and you are bummed because your dog didn't do well, maybe think about saying "Thanks" to someone. It really is amazing and impressive that some out there, and I can't help but think of Kate and Steve Miller as I type this, literally break their rears to put on a trial for our dogs. Same with Dennis and MaryLou Bath, the Kirbys, Brad Knight, Rich Schultheis, and many un-named volunteers who do this because they love the dog games.

There are people out there who are working hard to put on trials, donating their time. They deserve to be thanked. Just think about it please when you go to your next trial. I know you're spending lots of hard earned dollars on fuel, entry fees, hotel, etc.... But nonetheless, some of these folks could just as easily be golfing, fishing etc instead of hauling crates of poopy ducks and standing in the rain all day! :cool:

To Ted and Andy, what a great weekend. Like I said as we were scrapping series 1.0 and moving on to Series 1.02, it sure beats a day in the office.

Chris

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!

Now .... figure out how to post some pictures and give us some “scoop” so we can meet your dog(s)!!! :)

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
GDG stands for Go Dog Go...

... or is it Goldens Do Good?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome to RTF.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Tyson...welcome aboard brother! Wow man, you've made history. The #1/first - new member using the new RTF application process. Glad you made it through the loops and hurdles :).

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Welcome Tyson....This is a good place to be.....dogs and fun .doesn't get better than that.

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The part about all that stuff being my fault was an attempt at humor. "Blame the apprentice". :cool:

Ted and Andy were great to spend the weekend with. I learned a lot.

Had a great time.

Chris

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
The part about all that stuff being my fault was an attempt at humor. "Blame the apprentice". :cool:

Ted and Andy were great to spend the weekend with. I learned a lot.

Had a great time.

Chris
Ha! I wondered if you'd get PM's from some that didn't get your sarcasm ;)

Welcome Tyson!! I'm sure the "hoops" you had to jump through to become official will be well worth it in the knowledge you gain.

Rick.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome Tyson be sure to check out your search button in the top right corner a very useful feature for nearly almost every question!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome Tyson!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone!

I come from good old Australia and have just purchased my new boy, Sonny. He is a Golden Retriever and is 9 weeks old now.
My plans for him is to use him for hunting pigeons and quail here in Australia. Im starting him in "puppy preschool" here and then onto an obedience class specifically for gun dogs.

Any help with training tips will come in useful but I'll be sure to use the search button!
Thanks again.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
No, not a bath. The next you know he'll be wearing a bandana. LOL! Nice looking pup.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Now that is a cute little bugger!! let him be a puppy, that's the most fun time anyway!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts