RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run tests/trials in 7 different states and when searching on EE I have to do 7 different searches to get them all. I have used other search functions on other sites where you could open a drop down list and select a number of different items to search on just by holding down the control key and selecting them. I cannot find anything like that on EE. How many of you would find that a helpful feature? I have e-mailed them asking to add this but just wondered if others would find that a useful function.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I emailed them about that a while back. it would be very helpful, IMO

·
Registered
8,352 Posts
I run tests/trials in 7 different states and when searching on EE I have to do 7 different searches to get them all. I have used other search functions on other sites where you could open a drop down list and select a number of different items to search on just by holding down the control key and selecting them. I cannot find anything like that on EE. How many of you would find that a helpful feature? I have e-mailed them asking to add this but just wondered if others would find that a useful function.
I've never done a location-specific search on EE. I just pick the type of event I am seeking, then scroll the list and look for the States of interest in that column. It seems it is just one simple list to scroll through and pick my events.

Have you tried it that way?

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
I've never done a location-specific search on EE. I just pick the type of event I am seeking, then scroll the list and look for the States of interest in that column. It seems it is just one simple list to scroll through and pick my events.

Have you tried it that way?
That's all I do too, scroll the calendar looking at dates/locations. I think AKC's event calendar you can sort by states and choose multiple states at the same time.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, AKC's website has that feature but I like to use EE so I can use the my events features and enter from the same website. I usually use a date range of six months when setting up my calendar for the season which brings up a lot of tests. Just though being able to select specific states to search would be easier. Just sayin.

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
I run several states also and I just go to the field trial calendar and then go to the hunt test calendar and click on the events I'm interested in to the left of the event.

Unless I'm misunderstanding,,,, it seems like you're making your search a little too hard.

Angie

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I scroll through the list and check them so they end up on My Events Calendar. It takes about 5 or 10 minutes to pick out the ones I may run.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts