RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have been asked before, but i'm not sure. I am planning on breeding my female out of Kicker in the next two years. So my question is...................

If both Sire and Dam are EIC & CNM clear would you have your dog tested?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Because test results may not be accurate. My friend has one clear CNM certificate and one Carrier certificate on the same dog. The dog was a carrier. Only dog I know of that was tested twice, so have no idea how many others there are out there.

(they swapped the results of two dogs in the lab)

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
OFA will offer clear by parentage (first generation only) but the parents have to be in the OFA database with EIC test results from the University of Minnesota. OFA will not accept any other EIC lab DNA result reports.

http://offa.org/cbp.html

For the other DNA tests, if they are listed as one of the Labs they accept, then those results could be submitted for other testing.
However, I prefer to get the DNA test results on each dog.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OFA will offer clear by parentage (first generation only) but the parents have to be in the OFA database with EIC test results from the University of Minnesota. OFA will not accept any other EIC lab DNA result reports.

http://offa.org/cbp.html

However, I prefer to get the DNA test results on each dog.
Both are in the database...But looking like I'm gona test to stop any dought......

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Because test results may not be accurate. My friend has one clear CNM certificate and one Carrier certificate on the same dog. The dog was a carrier. Only dog I know of that was tested twice, so have no idea how many others there are out there.

(they swapped the results of two dogs in the lab)
Was the CNM test done in France?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Was the CNM test done in France?
The first and correct test was done in France, the second and incorrect test was done by DDC. A call to both and the DCC lab found the mistake and fixed it and hopefully contacted the other dog owner who had the clear dog with the carrier paperwork. Keep in mind any lab can make a mistake. My grandfather once got test results back that said he was pregnant, doctor and he had a laugh and it became a good family joke for many many years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts