RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok after much debate and hesitation I had to switch from what I that was an excellent dog food, all five dogs did great on enhance but due to a distributor problem that I blame on enhance, I lost my supplier.you know in this day and economy why due you make it almost impossible for customers to do business with your company.I think enhance has one of the worst product distributions in the dog food industry, its almost like they dont want retail business. I hope I have as good of luck with eukanuba as I did with Enhance.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I tried to find Enhance in my area a couple of years ago. It's not available at any distributors. So, now I feed Euk.

BHB

·
Registered
34 Posts
Might be a stupid question, but why do so many people buy/like Euk 30/20? I am buying Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete 32/25 at Tractor Supply for $36/40lb and the Euk 30/20 is $45/33lb. Do a lot of people get a large discount? Again, I understand the whole feed what works deal. Just trying to get some perspective.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Might be a stupid question, but why do so many people buy/like Euk 30/20? I am buying Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete 32/25 at Tractor Supply for $36/40lb and the Euk 30/20 is $45/33lb. Do a lot of people get a large discount? Again, I understand the whole feed what works deal. Just trying to get some perspective.
Those that are on the pro/breeder plan get a better price closer to what you're paying at Tractor Supply, and have it delivered which saves on $4.00 a gallon fuel!!

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
When you are on their kennel program you buy directly from the distributor at a reduced price. Also the packaging is in larger bags for those on the program. There are promotions several times through out the year.

Typically Eukanuba 30/20 costs $36.10 for a #44 bag. That comes out to 82.5 cents per pound.

Angie

·
Registered
244 Posts
That's right. I go through a distributor as well. Great discount. Petco it costs $60 for 40lbs. I've had friends feed diamond brand and all the dogs do is poop and it is always loose. The whole kennel of dogs. Don't know where u live but check RFG distributing.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I used to be able to get Enhance just down the road from where I work, but same story here--distributor left. Now if I want it, I have to place an order in advance, wait 2 or 3 days then drive about 30 miles round trip--and it's gone up in price, too. But my dogs do well on it, so I do the driving bit.
Suzanne B

·
Registered
966 Posts
Ok after much debate and hesitation I had to switch from what I that was an excellent dog food, all five dogs did great on enhance but due to a distributor problem that I blame on enhance, I lost my supplier.you know in this day and economy why due you make it almost impossible for customers to do business with your company.I think enhance has one of the worst product distributions in the dog food industry, its almost like they dont want retail business. I hope I have as good of luck with eukanuba as I did with Enhance.
Couldnt agree more!! I feed Eukunuba now too,
When i was a dealer for Enhence they said they would never sell there distributors out,, then they got bought out by Dads the picture changed, It is not here in Colorado (although Sheets says it is), I had a friend call the new distributor, and he never returned his phone call, These guys are about as sharp as a bowling ball.....

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
And I'm thinking of getting the pack off EUK...I only buy a bag or two at a time. And puppy chow just went from 40 lbs. to 33 lbs. ,and price went up $3 a bag to boot:(

·
Registered
484 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
If you can't get the feed (PRODUCT) to the folks (that as you built your product) originaly sold too, and they liked and promoted it as you hoped they would, well, those folks really have no choice, 'cuz you have failed them....Sorry but this has been a broken record in my seven years, I gave up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I feed Euk 30/20 to my retrievers and sled dogs. I like it but find when I have to increase their calories and feed more, their stools get soft. Anyone else see this consistently?

·
Registered
34 Posts
That's right. I go through a distributor as well. Great discount. Petco it costs $60 for 40lbs. I've had friends feed diamond brand and all the dogs do is poop and it is always loose. The whole kennel of dogs. Don't know where u live but check RFG distributing.
So I checked into RFG Distributing and they cannot sell Diamond, Euk or Blue in Arkansas.

What other distributors are people using around Arkansas?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Who is your friend?
Which distributor did he call?

In fact Greens Field and Seed Distribution has both Hunters Edge Formulas on hand. If you would like another formula let someone know and they will order it. We don't run the distribution houses, so we can only do so much.

We are looking for another distributor for the area and have a meeting Apr 3rd.
Not sure how I got referenced, your friend didn't speak to anyone so I say they have it, which they do yet it is not available in your store so there is not any in Colorado???? :confused:

As far as selling distributors out I'm not sure how to respond.. Not sure of one we sold out???? We still have nearly every distributor, plus some since the buy out. (with the exception of a few that left due to our contract to co pack product for them ended and they had to move there product to another manufacturer)

We had some recent product shortages due to a product hold. We did the responsible thing by holding the product within our facility without doing like the other 2700 products in the past 10 years and shipping it to distribution and then recalling it after reports of bad product hit. So for that we are sell outs. :confused::confused:

I won't even respond to the bowling ball comment.

Distribution is always a problem with every product. One thing we have had is a commitment to the independent Distributor and Dealer. It's much easier to go to the mass store like TSC or similar, we could cover a larger area but we are holding true to our dealers (although some think we are sell outs) we could have national coverage and probably even grow faster but again we hold true to our distributors and dealers. (for that we are sell outs) We could do that like so many and then watch the product deteriorate due to pressure of a price point. Instead we reformulated to make a better product and provide the guy who wants to use a quality performance food and get what he is paying for. Sure the price went up but we have many satisfied customers that comment positivley.
We recently recieved and email from Chris Akin on some tweaks we made to the Pro Athlete that it is the best product we have ever made.
We used to hear about some teeth issues, with some tweaks to the formulas we corrected it. (when you speak we listen) The nice thing with a family company with over 78 years of manufacturing history is that we can listen without having to answer to holding companies or stock holders to make cheaper product and more profits.

If anyone would like to discuss any issues you have seen feel free to reach out to me. Yes I will answer the phone, you won't get a switch board or speak to a computer program.
I will tell you who they sold out Gary,,,,, ME I had over 75 customers and alot of them kennels, i even called the flippin 800 number Arkat and complained and do you think i got a call back ,,,, Hell no....
Do you think they did anything about it,,,, Hell no,,,
The only way i could of got the feed is if i got a whole flippin truckload,,,,:(

A friend of mine wanted to sell it again in Denver, called and left messages to who i dont know, do you think they would call back ,,,,,Hell no........
I was the one that got Arkat into Colorado , I live to far north of Denver so Bob(who use to be a salesman of mine) took the distribution over in Denver,,,,,,,
Kevin Eskam

·
Registered
244 Posts
So I checked into RFG Distributing and they cannot sell Diamond, Euk or Blue in Arkansas.

What other distributors are people using around Arkansas?
my other company i have done business with is wilson pet supply. for some reason they quit selling euk in missouri. but they referred me to rfg distributing. so try wilson pet supply.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gary I did not start this thread to bash anybody, I was just upset because I liked your product, my dogs liked your product there coat looked great and there stool was less and firm , price was not the issue as I payed $49.00 and some change for a bag of 30-22 but did not complain because as I said it was a quality product. My reason for change was based on the fact that the local distributor said that he could not afford to buy a truck load at a time I dont blame him, what would have been wrong with a shipping fee on less than truck load order.He also stated he lost a big customer when you had a problem with a pruduct he used and they could not get a straight answer out of your company as to when there order would ship.as far as the big box stores I dont see a price issue, as I am paying $44.00 for a 33 LB bag of euk perf. at Tractor Supply. I would switch back in a second if you could get a dealer in the north Ga. area ie Dalton , Calhoun , Fort Oglethorpe. I dont mind a short drive just not 60 miles.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts