RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a shock when I called the distributor to order dog food. The promotional deal that Euk gave to breeders / trainers is GONE!! The higher ups let the reps know on Friday and they haven't had time to call all the customers and let them know. This essentially increases the food cost by around 20% overnight. Like most folks on here, food is one of the biggest expenses that we have and a 20% increase overnight is no good.

Also gone are the promo coupons and other things ($5 off coupons / bag vouchers, etc).

This is not a good example of customer service P & G.....you know better.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
They must have known much earlier, I heard this over a week ago. Also, I heard Eukanuba's presence at the National Am this year was very lacking to say the least. And the bags for retail are 33lbs instead of 40lbs.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today my rep told me that he was notified on Friday and I believe him. He said they essentially gutted the marketing budget and there is talk of doing away with the "influencer" program. Its not that they went up, its that they went up without notice.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
So this means that the kennel bags are no longer available to us? Not going to like that much ........ I wont feed Purina P.P- so wonder what I do NOW....?
How many of us are quick to recommend Eukanuba when someone doesnt know what to feed...???? Not a smart move folks- talk about biting the hands that feed you.....

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't know for sure if the kennel bags are going away or not. Didn't say one way or the other. Frankly, I was so PO'd about the change that I forgot to ask.

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
I just called in my order and asked-they know nothing-same price, same size although it has been this price for a very long time so it wouldn't surprise me. I would rather the bags stayed the same size than those little bags.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The price increased due to Euk doing away with a promotional discount. They would knock off $5 per bag if you ordered over a certain number at a time (I don't remember what the quantity was, we were always over the number).

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
The price increased due to Euk doing away with a promotional discount. They would knock off $5 per bag if you ordered over a certain number at a time (I don't remember what the quantity was, we were always over the number).
So you aren't on the actual breeder program?

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
I was also told at a feed store ( out in the boonies) that the wuk premium performance is discontinued!?!? Anyone that can shed some light on that?

·
Registered
847 Posts
With so many other premium foods that can take euks place this wasn't very smart. IMO

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I was also told at a feed store ( out in the boonies) that the wuk premium performance is discontinued!?!? Anyone that can shed some light on that?
I don't know, but I couldn't find anyone here that had a bag last week.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It may have been because of the bag size change. They make them run totally out of the bigger bags before the smaller ones are shipped. I haven't heard about them doing away with it. I will check and see.

·
Registered
303 Posts
With my distributor the only thing that has changed is they are no longer offering the $5 off any bag over 15. No weight changes to the bag or cost increase. They are out of their pocket reducing the price per bag $1 to make up for Eukanuba dropping the promotion. I don't see the problem with it as it is priced WELL below retail with additional weight per bag. I've never fed it but does Purina offer any kind of kennel program?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I knew it was coming, been trying to get coupons for clients and no luck. And with the scarcity of any $5 or $10 promotions it was obvious. With all the hundreds of dog foods out there, you'd think they'd be a little less short sighted. If Purina wasn't such a PITA to deal with I'd look at that. The whole coupon clipping and point counting thing seems to be a pain. But even at 20% increase, it's still cheaper than Petco or whatever.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I went to petsmart yesterday and they didn't have the premium performance, so I tried a pet supplies plus store and they only had the small bags of it. I asked the salesperson if they had any of the larger bags and he said "no, that's a special order bag as it is".

Something tells me the premium performance is about to be discontinued. No bueno.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
i just bought three pallets of Premium Peformance Euk for 36 a bag for 44 lb and got a $8 discount. $28 a bag! About a month ago.....Glad I ordered when I did!

·
Registered
408 Posts
With my distributor the only thing that has changed is they are no longer offering the $5 off any bag over 15. No weight changes to the bag or cost increase. They are out of their pocket reducing the price per bag $1 to make up for Eukanuba dropping the promotion. I don't see the problem with it as it is priced WELL below retail with additional weight per bag. I've never fed it but does Purina offer any kind of kennel program?
I got a letter to this affect. The 44 pound premium performance bags still available but now cost $5 more.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts