RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Ever Been Offered a Bribe....

  • Yes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

    Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or something that "sounded" like one, for either passing (keeping one in after being dropped) or for placing a dog, while you where Judging?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,461 Posts
Re: hhhmmmmm scuse me

DRAKEHAVEN said:
No..... but I have outright offered to buy a win with a dog. :p

Example, here is a blank check, signed, dated, you do the rest.
Hmmmm.... that would take two checks, however! (One to each judge). Unbelievable!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,411 Posts
Not for dogs, but when I was in college I use to do drug testing for a rehab program that dealt with people on probation. If they failed a test they violated their probation and went to jail. You could not believe how many offers of $5-10 I got to give a negative result as if I would jeopardize a good job for $10. Also got a lot of offers from the women that were a little more interesting, but not accepted none the less.
I actually miss that job. I had more fun and have more ridiculous stories from there….Guys trying to smuggle in clean urine in condoms only to have them break open, a girl that tried to conceal a visine bottle in her… but in an effort to squeeze out the urine squeezed out the entire bottle….”no I swear I have not done any cocaine… I just cleaned up after a party at my house and it must have gotten on my fingers”……. “I don’t do coke, I only sell it”…..
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :oops: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,442 Posts
I've only judged a little, but I have seen "subtle" comments made by some about the "status" of their dogs and what they needed to qualify for a National and it always made me go "Hmmmmm" when the particular dog got that needed placement and/or pass and everyone knew the dog didn't deserve it......

FOM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,461 Posts
FOM said:
I've only judged a little, but I have seen "subtle" comments made by some about the "status" of their dogs and what they needed to qualify for a National and it always made me go "Hmmmmm" when the particular dog got that needed placement and/or pass and everyone knew the dog didn't deserve it......

FOM
Subtle..... ? :D like the one I heard lately made to someone judging the open the next weekend.... he only needs one point to qualify for the national... That kind of subtle? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,442 Posts
JusticeDog said:
FOM said:
I've only judged a little, but I have seen "subtle" comments made by some about the "status" of their dogs and what they needed to qualify for a National and it always made me go "Hmmmmm" when the particular dog got that needed placement and/or pass and everyone knew the dog didn't deserve it......

FOM
Subtle..... ? :D like the one I heard lately made to someone judging the open the next weekend.... he only needs one point to qualify for the national... That kind of subtle? :D
Ohhhhhh never..... :wink:

FOM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
649 Posts
badbullgator said:
Not for dogs, but when I was in college I use to do drug testing for a rehab program that dealt with people on probation. If they failed a test they violated their probation and went to jail. You could not believe how many offers of $5-10 I got to give a negative result as if I would jeopardize a good job for $10. Also got a lot of offers from the women that were a little more interesting, but not accepted none the less.
Sounds like my dad - who used to be a professor of Computer Science at a medium sized university.

His response (to the girls) was always:

"I'm too old for sex and I don' think you can afford to pay me. Just what did you have in mind"

or (if the statement was "I'd do just anything to get an A"):

"Really? Anything?
Would you

...

STUDY?"

:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,216 Posts
Any details from the 5 who have said they were offered bribes. How was the bribe offered and was it for cash, services, quid pro quo or what?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,062 Posts
Never as a judge, once as a cop. A drunk who was in a hit and run offered me $20 to let him slide. Then after he was popped by the detective for trying to bribe me he offered the gumshoe another $20 to get him off the hook.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,916 Posts
!!

I went to the line once with a $100 bill hanging out of my back pocket!!!

Still got dropped!!! :evil: :evil:

Jerry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,411 Posts
CNBarnes said:
badbullgator said:
Not for dogs, but when I was in college I use to do drug testing for a rehab program that dealt with people on probation. If they failed a test they violated their probation and went to jail. You could not believe how many offers of $5-10 I got to give a negative result as if I would jeopardize a good job for $10. Also got a lot of offers from the women that were a little more interesting, but not accepted none the less.
Sounds like my dad - who used to be a professor of Computer Science at a medium sized university.

His response (to the girls) was always:

"I'm too old for sex and I don' think you can afford to pay me. Just what did you have in mind"

or (if the statement was "I'd do just anything to get an A"):

"Really? Anything?
Would you

...

STUDY?"

:lol:
When they would ask what they could do to "pass the test" I would tell them the same thing. Study, it is easy all you have to do is nothing!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
I do some business in Mexico, hehe it is a way if life down there, it is expected for you to grease some palms. I think I have perfected the "dumb-blank-*******-stare" when the proverbial hand is held out :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,015 Posts
Lets see, have I ever been offered a bribe? 31 years in Law Enforcement?
yes and some went to Prison! Never while judging though. :wink:

Earl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
649 Posts
Re: !!

YardleyLabs said:
Jerry said:
I went to the line once with a $100 bill hanging out of my back pocket!!!

Still got dropped!!! :evil: :evil:

Jerry
They must have thought it was an exposed piece of training equipment.

Naw, he just hadn't cleaned up from doing his lap-dances in the gallery.

:lol: :lol:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top