RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I have fed Exceed (and its Walmart cousin) and found my dogs did better on it than a number of feeds often seen touted on these boards. Only real shortcoming seems to be the perception coming from Sam's (or Walmart) instills in some...

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
As I understand it, glucosamine is naturally occuring in chicken, lamb and poultry by-products, so it's in Exceed, even though they don't market the fact. Haven't a clue whether naturally occuring glucosamine is actually supplimented in products that do tout it's presence - but 400ppm sure looks like so much eyewash to me.

(Someone else can do the math to see what that amounts to per cup or serving, this glucosamine believer suppliments all feeds, glucosamine claims or not.)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I feed Exceed. My dogs do very well on it compared to other more more expensive brands. Every couple of years I try soemthing else but go back to it. Coats are shiny, stool are firm and not too much to clean up.

Tony

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
I've been feeding Exceed Lamb and Rice for years. I had one dog that didn't do to well on Eagle. When they raised the price of Eagle I looked at cheaper alternatives as the dog wasn't doing all that well anyway.

I bought a bag of a chicken and rice cheapie and it wasn't very good. I bought a bag of Exceed Lamb and Rice and within a week I could see a big difference. Been feeding it ever since even though that first dog I bought it for is long gone.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Rick Hall said:
I have fed Exceed (and its Walmart cousin) and found my dogs did better on it than a number of feeds often seen touted on these boards. Only real shortcoming seems to be the perception coming from Sam's (or Walmart) instills in some...
Hey Rick,

What is the name of its Walmart cousin ?

john

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've been feeding Exceed Performance for years. My dogs do well on it. I believe it actually comes from Purina, and has the Members Mark label on the bag.

·
Registered
34 Posts
exceed

:D :D :D Been on Exceed for years and my dogs do very nicely on it.

Have used both chicken & lamb. Dogs love it, look great on it and the price is right.

I did an ingredient comparison on Exceed & Purina Performance just a couple of weeks ago and it came out just about even/steven.

I believe Wally Worlds version of it is Maximum Nutrition.

I also suppliment Flex a min daily.

:shock: :shock: Sometimes I think my guys get better nutrition than I do.

Remember the troops. God bless them & keep them safe.

·
Registered
87 Posts
duckpopper said:
is anyone feeding EXCEED from Sam's?

opinions
I also have fed Exceed for years with excellent results. It is the generic equivalent of Purina ProPlan Performance. I also supplement this.

As for the joint supplement question "re. glucosamine," you might want to check out a nutritional supplement called Missing Link Plus. Missing Link has flax fiber in it with the omega (3 and 6??) fatty acids. Check out the latest Retrievers Online article on cancer in goldens as to the fatty acid food supplements. Missing Link PLUS has the glucosamine added to the original formula.

I actually use the equine version of Missing Link Plus in order to save money. One can buy this in 10lb bags from Horse Health USA. They are happy to send catalogs; they also have a retail website. If memory serves, they are located in Ohio.

So, for me, its Exceed Chicken and Rice supplemented with Missing Link Plus.

Jim

·
Banned
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: exceed

Sunny Oaks said:
:

:shock: :shock: Sometimes I think my guys get better nutrition than I do.
Me too, plus a nicer home. Currently building new kennel runs with heating/air, plumbing, all the extras.

·
Registered
34 Posts
exceed

:D :D :D

Duckpopper, Where are you??

Can I rent a run in you kennel??

Bill

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
john fallon said:
Rick Hall said:
Hey Rick,

What is the name of its Walmart cousin ?

john
Was refering to Maximun Nutrition 30/20. Not quite as cheap, but handier for many.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I fed Exceed for several years and had no problems with it.

The only reason I stopped was because Sam's is 45 minutes from home, and the Iams/Euk distributor comes to my house and stacks whatever products I order in the barn. I pay wholesale prices, and can also get crates, leads, collars, toys, ex-pens - basically, whatever they have at Petsmart.

Exceed was fine, but just not as easy for me to get.

Lazy regards,

Sondra

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
msdaisy - how do you get euk from distributor? what's the numbers? (bags)

·
Registered
844 Posts
The distributor in my area is Superdog Pet Foods. They have a $250 min order once you establish an account.

Google for distributors in your area (I know mine does not cover your territory) and then set up an account. Piece of cake, plus a whole lot of stuff wholesale.

If you get stuck, call Iams toll free number, and they can give you the name of the distributor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
exceed

I fed lamb and rice for a long time and would still if the store was closer. once or twice a bag had a mail in card for a future rebate so i mailed em in. rebates came back from purina, so i assume they make exceed and brand it for sams and wally world

·
Registered
910 Posts
Been feeding it for years...both my dogs love it and do well on it too.
My one retriever is now retired and doesn't need that much so we go with lamb & rice. Great price too!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts