RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished wiring my Deerskin box exhaust fan to my truck. I placed a switch in the cab and powered it through my truck battery. Any idea how long I can run the fan without the truck running? Battery is new. Definitely do not want to drain the battery.

Thanks,
Casey

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know variables such as fan type, cfm, etc make a difference. I have no technical savy. On my MTCK if I run the fan more than a couple of hours I crank my truck and let it run for a few minutes. I have never had an issue.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Four hours at a hunt test last year killed the batteries on my F 250. It has two batteries and they where dead. Of course I should add I forgot to start the engine and let it run so it was defiantly my fault. I would not let it run more than two hours at a time.

I put my fans on an independent battery to ensure I did not do kill the batteries again.

Richard

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Mount a deep cycle marine battery to power the stuff in your dog box and charge that battery from your truck. You could also mount a battery charger to plug into your house to charge the marine battery overnight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts