RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned this afternoon from a quick round-trip to Sanger, Texas, to have one of my females bred. I have been checking up on some well-known and some not so well-known stud dogs and their pedigrees for a long time. I based my final decision first on pedigree, then on performance and last, but not least, the integrity of the breeder. In the end I chose my new avatar, Trumarcs Cordon Bleu. Ed was away in the Dakotas hunting pheasants, but I had a nice visit with Judy and Cord got to breed his first female.

Cord has only been to one trial where he won the Derby and he aged out September 7. He is sired by FC-AFC Code Blue which makes him a half brother of Auggie and Tiger. But the real reason I like his pedigree is because he is out of FC-AFC Trumarc's Lean Cuisine "Kweezy". I have a great deal of faith in Ed and Judy. Any why not? Judy has trained two national champions and over 40 other FCs, AFCs and FC-AFCs. I figured that any pup that Judy is still training after two years has got to be something special and I wasn't disappointed. Now I just have to wait and hope the breeding was successful.

I guess stock market people would call be a contrarian. I know the popular belief is to only breed to FCs, but I have to believe that when my female has her MH and Cord has his FC-AFC and their pups are making a name for themselves (I have HT and FT homes for six of them already) the repeat breeding is going to be in strong demand. You just have to have faith....or am I a little crazy?

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Everyone around the world, who wants to breed a bitch has their chose of stud dog.

You have chosen the stud.

Now cross your fingers, toes and eyes (until the eye thingo hurts too much).

Then wait with bated breath how she whelps, rearing the pups, hearing their progression, their health clearances, their training and their trial results.

Often I think as a small time breeder myself, it is easier the buy the damm things.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
FC-AFC Code Blue which makes him a half brother of Auggie and Tiger. But the real reason I like his pedigree is because he is out of FC-AFC Trumarc's Lean Cuisine "Kweezy
He's a half brother to Auggie, he's been in one field trial and gotten one blue ribbon.

I don't see where faith enters into it. He's a nice dog from nice breeding.

He'll throw nice pups.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts