RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a slow winter things really picked up last week - first I received a call telling me my dog Ranger won the Meritt Trophy - this trophy is awarded by the Retriever News to the sire who's progeny have received the largest number of All Age points the previous year - go Ranger - then on Saturday my Stormy won the 101 dog Open at the PRTA trial in Georgia - he turned 4 last month - I get all my dogs back this weekend and begin my trial season at the Michiana trial the next week and I can't wait
Charlie

·
Registered
442 Posts
Congratulations!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Great news Charlie! I just got a pup a few weeks back that is out of Grady and his dam is out of Ranger & Carolina's Electrik Gypsy. Nice pup so far!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Ranger was a wonderful dog.

Congrats to Charlie, Dave Ward, and Stormy for the Open win.
Sounds like a great team.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Very nice Charlie, we have not met but we may soon. I have a very nice female that is ready to get bred.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Charlie
Congratulations! Remember the last time you ran Michiana?

The Tom Merritt winner is special. Tom was from the Chicago area. From interviewing old timers in the sport, most of the people I've interviewed said Tom was the most influential person in the retriever sport. Some of his accomplishments people may not know. He was a leading force to form the National Retriever Club in 1941. He was on the Board of Directors of AKC. He chaired the RAC. Then passed his chair to Augie Belmont. He was the Chair of the Committee to form the Supplement and the Recommendations that we now see in the rule book. When the National Clubs bought the Retriever Field Trial News from the Wisconsin Amateur in 1964, he was the first editor. Most people say he was one of the best all-time judges we've ever had.

The Open that your dog won in Georgia was one of the toughest all-age stakes that the pros said they have ever run. The water marks were on my property. I had to put in a well capable of 265 gallons a minute to fill the pond. I had to reline the ponds with clay and compact them and everything worked out fine. Thirteen dogs back and only two did the water quad without handling. The punch bird was about 450 yds retired, almost to my house. We've had no rain in southwest Georgia on our property.

Jack

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
That's Great Charlie!! The best of luck to you and your dogs this season!!

Angie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts