RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
AlexM said:
I am looking for information on Chavez, what can you guys tell me?
He was obviously a phenomenal dog and has shown to be a pretty good producer.

A friend of mine has a 5 1/2 month old pup that is Chavez x Code Blue bitch. This pup is the most trainable, intelligent pup I've ever seen. Whether he has the marking ability to make it in field trials remains to be seen.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Ask Kip. :wink: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Who all trained him? I know he finished his career with David Mosher. I have heard a few other names mentioned.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
AlexM said:
Does Kip have an e-mail address? Or is he on this site? And what is RTFN??
It is Kippy you need to get ahold of as posted above.

My reference to Kip was in humor. :wink:

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Marion Stroud Swingle's telephone number is 610-286-1913 and her fax number is 610-286-5669. She prefers not to receive email. RFTN is Retriever Field Trial News which is the "official" souce of information on AKC and CKC field trial and hunt test results as well as a standard source of information on competitive dogs, litters, rules, etc., etc. You can find out more at http://www.working-retriever.com/.

Before his death, Chavez earned over 150 all age points and, according to Good Dog info, has sired 31 FC/AFC/CFC/CAFC dogs. His progeny include two Canadian national champions and many dogs that have qualified for the US nationals.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I have seen I believe 6 Chavez sired dogs that I can think of off hand. All in hunt tests and all were very very nice.

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
I personally prefer his grandkids. I saw alot of Chavez kids back east and trained a number of them and was not fond of them. I found them to be average markers and difficult to train. Having said that I guess I just didn't get lucky enough to get the good ones. Many liked them. I think the best breeding of Chavez was to Dippomarsh Kerensa O Carronade. Those puppies were the best I've seen from him.

Of the many trainers that trained Chavez, Mosher did the best with him.

FWIW

Angie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts