RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody have any sailor pups or pictures think im fixing to pull the trigger and get one and want to see a pic of previous pups and know how they are doing

·
Registered
221 Posts
Don't have a picture of one but they are good looking, stocky, meduim sized dogs. I bred to him one time and the only two pups to get tried in trials are both QAA and running All-Age and SRS. One had 9 Derby Points and the other had 17. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I was fortunate to watch Sailor train/run for several years. He did very well with his owners and with his pro in trials. Nice dog all around, talented, good looking and beautiful thick coat.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I sure love mine. Hes 3. Got his SH this year. I dont campaign my dogs real hard, since its not a race for me. Hes biggish(80lb), heavy coat. Very eager to please, willing. He's getting ready for Master, whether we run this fall, Im not sure but certainly the first tests of the (cool) year.
His dam is a Ram daughter. The combo worked for me- I've been tempted to get another Sailor pup -but what would I do with another one!? :)
If you want to see him you can email me- : [email protected]

·
Registered
911 Posts
We have had 2 litters of Sailor pups in the past and hopefully have a third litter on the way. They are great pups to raise, we had a ball with them before they went to their permanent homes. We are hoping to finally get to keep one from this third litter.

Lesa

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a male out of FC AFC Close-Haul To Windward and FC AFC Roughwater's Bam Bam. He will turn 3 in October. I ran him in several Derby's but he had troubles with pinched in birds and every test had one. This year, as far as I have seen, he has gotten the concept down. The trainer I have him with seems to like him. He has a very good memory and once he picks up a concept he doesn't forget it. The things I hate about him is that he is very jumpy at the line and if you wake him up and startle him he gets a little snappy. The snappy part is getting better with each time he comes home. I don't do pictures...........

·
Registered
88 Posts
anybody have any sailor pups or pictures think im fixing to pull the trigger and get one and want to see a pic of previous pups and know how they are doing

I've got one, Heisman. Pinpoint marker, thick coat that sheds less than any lab I've ever been around, and drive like you wouldn't believe. Angie B has trained several Sailor pups, you might contact her. Mine took a year and half off from testing and training and will qualify for MN and get his MH this weekend or next..assuming he stays on his current streak.

Here's a few pics.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Heath- I've got a Sailor pup who's 27 months old, she QAA'ed at 26 months. Didn't run her in any derbies but started running Quals with her at 23 months. Eager to please and has a ton of drive. She's out of Sailor and a MH female who's out of NFC Drake. She's very high mentally so everything you do has to be in slow motion, but she wants to do the right thing. You can see some pixs of her here:

http://tntsailorslilhurricaneaddie.shutterfly.com/

Any questions let me know!

She's going to top out around 55 lbs (which is very much like her mom). If you have any questions about Sailor, email Joanne (owner), she's terrific to talk to and loves talking about him! Pix in my avatar is her also.

·
Banned
3,787 Posts
I am the breeder of Billie's pup.

I kept the two females from the litter and also trained two of the males.

Sizes ranged. The males went from 55 lbs to 75lbs. Both of the girls are right at 65lbs and 68 lbs.

Things I liked: they seem fairly intelligent and better than average markers. Nice coats, nice builds well put together and good looking. Even the small guy was very good looking. Not overly refined like some smaller dogs. Thing I didn't like: some seem fairly soft. A little too much.

In order to do well with these pups, you have to think outside the box a bit. Pressure is not always a good thing and will not always result in the desired response.

In general, I'd do the breeding again.

WRL

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
A pup sired by (call name) "Sailor"....reg name ...FC AFC Close-Hauled to Windward!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I am the breeder of Billie's pup.

I kept the two females from the litter and also trained two of the males.

Sizes ranged. The males went from 55 lbs to 75lbs. Both of the girls are right at 65lbs and 68 lbs.

Things I liked: they seem fairly intelligent and better than average markers. Nice coats, nice builds well put together and good looking. Even the small guy was very good looking. Not overly refined like some smaller dogs. Thing I didn't like: some seem fairly soft. A little too much.

In order to do well with these pups, you have to think outside the box a bit. Pressure is not always a good thing and will not always result in the desired response.

In general, I'd do the breeding again.

WRL
I experienced the opposite as far as being soft. My female is soft and Sailor added a ton of bottom to her pups. Just depends on who he is bred to I guess.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok buddy you have done the talking and askin........PULL THE TRIGGER AND JUST DO IT....TIME TO FISH OR CUT BAIT

Your friend

Pat

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a Sailor pup also. He is 70 lbs, full of go and does well in the blind and in hunt tests. We hope to be running for our Finished title in the fall. He is one good trainer away from a good dog. Good luck with the pup.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts