RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roger Weller lost his Max today. My condolences to all who knew, admired and loved him. He threw some mighty nice pups. Was still placing in AA stakes himself at nearly 11 years of age. 79.5 AA points. Finalist at 2005 Canadian National Amateur, qualified for both 2007 National Amateur and National. Finalist at 2008 National Amateur. Qualified for 2009 National Amateur. Godspeed, Max.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Roger Weller lost his Max today. My condolences to all who knew, admired and loved him. He threw some mighty nice pups. Was still placing in AA stakes himself at nearly 11 years of age. 79.5 AA points. Finalist at 2005 Canadian National Amateur, qualified for both 2007 National Amateur and National. Finalist at 2008 National Amateur. Qualified for 2009 National Amateur. Godspeed, Max.
Yes... I agree. Thanks for being with us.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Godspeed to Max, and condolences to Roger on his loss of a truly great dog
Roger is truly one of the good guys in this game
May all of Max's birds be flyers from here on out

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Roger sorry for your loss!

Aaron

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss Roger. I have a 6 month old grand-pup out of Mad Max and he's an AMAZING dog so far. I'm sure you have lots of wonderful memories.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Sorry for your loss

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Very sorry to hear about this Roger. Condolences to you and everyone who loved him. Max was not only a very talented dog, but he was also one of the nicest looking dogs in the game. Max has some very nice offspring, from both a talent and looks perspective, to help carry his legacy.

Best wishes,
Dave Bezesky

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Condolences to Roger Weller.

I never saw the dog, though I have been around Linda Noga's Max dog "ruger" quite a bit. He is a very nice dog, with very distinct look.

·
Registered
119 Posts
So very sorry to hear this. My brother-in-law owned a Maxx son and my husband and I owned two sons. All were remarkable dogs and very good looking. Our sympathies to Roger.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I have a max son and he too is a very nice dog. I get compliments everywhere I go on how good looking he is. Max had a great career and has some very nice offspring to carry on.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I have a daughter of his who is a very nice dog.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks, everyone for your nice comments about Max. He was a great one. I can only hope to own another labrador as talented as Max. As those of you that saw him at a trial know, he was a great water dog. Max could lay down one of the nicest waterblinds you would ever want to see. He also could lay down a great set of watermarks. Anyway, he left us with some great memories. He is know laid to rest next to his sire FC-AFC Cougar MHR and his half brother FC-AFC Scanner.

Thanks again everyone!
Roger Weller
Crow River Retrievers

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thanks, everyone for your nice comments about Max. He was a great one. I can only hope to own another labrador as talented as Max. As those of you that saw him at a trial know, he was a great water dog. Max could lay down one of the nicest waterblinds you would ever want to see. He also could lay down a great set of watermarks. Anyway, he left us with some great memories. He is know laid to rest next to his sire FC-AFC Cougar MHR and his half brother FC-AFC Scanner.

Thanks again everyone!
Roger Weller
Crow River Retrievers
Mr Weller I offer you my condolences on the loss of your beautiful Max
I met you briefly a few years ago in Iowa when I accompanied my friend when he met you to test out & purchase Rascal.
As part of that transaction he took a pup from a future breeding from your Max & Pepper.
I never got to witness Max run any water series in competition. I can tell you though that he passed his water talents on to the pup Juliet, that we got from you. She has the best water attitude of any dog I've ever seen.
Besides her great water attitude she is probably the sweetest animal I've ever had the priviledge of being around.
Whenever I visit with my friend Juliet and I pal around the whole weekend and she usually ends up sleeping in bed with me.

Im sure you have many warm memories of Max to carry with you, until you two can be reunited

Godspeed Max

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mr. Weller,

I have one of Max's daughters HRCH Ashland's Dixieland Delight SH -"Dixie" and she is one awesome dog! I cannot tell you how many compliments I get on her looks. She is smart, has good drive, eager to please, and is a team player. She has great water attitude, now I know where she gets it from.... I never met Max but I know for a fact that some of him lives on in Dixie. I am sorry for your loss.

Joe Klima

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts