RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
Awesome dog with a pedigree to die for. Will certainly add some high octane to what your female brings to the table.

Angie

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Cosmo

Helluva dog with lots of JUICE. Got a good buddy with a Cosmo dog and he's fire-breather. Should add tons of go, but not for the faint of heart.

Richard

·
Registered
890 Posts
One of my favorite studs. I have owned one Cosmo pup and would love to have another. There's alot of Cosmo offspring out there I'm personally impressed with.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does anybody have any other pictures of Cosmo, I've seen the one that most people use, that advertise him as being the stud, but I was looking for more.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Re: Cosmo

Richard Finch said:
Helluva dog with lots of JUICE. Got a good buddy with a Cosmo dog and he's fire-breather. Should add tons of go, but not for the faint of heart.

Richard
This DEFINITELY describes our son of Cosmo! :D

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I bred my HRCH/MH Stepper bitch to Cosmo and got some real hard charging, intelligent pups. Good looking too (avatar)!!! 5 went to trial homes. 2 have their FC, and 2 more are QAA. 4 went to hunt test homes, 2 are MHs, and 2 are HRCH. I plan on buying another Cosmo pup out of a MH Viking bitch in the fall. I LOVE 'EM!!!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
David Maddox said:
I bred my HRCH/MH Stepper bitch to Cosmo and got some real hard charging, intelligent pups. Good looking too (avatar)!!! 5 went to trial homes. 2 have their FC, and 2 more are QAA. 4 went to hunt test homes, 2 are MHs, and 2 are HRCH. I plan on buying another Cosmo pup out of a MH Viking bitch in the fall. I LOVE 'EM!!!
David,

Sounds like you had very good results. Do you know if any of those pups have had to work through (or are still working through) noise issues?

Jeff

·
Registered
553 Posts
I love Cosmo pups. My first winter trip we had five out of Cosmo. By far the best dogs in the water that Ive ever seen. Two of them got titles. Not sure about the others. I would love to get another pup out of him if I could find the right bitch Id buy one in a heart beat. Id love to get a pup out of a good chopper bitch bred to Cosmo. Or Cosmo bred to a nice Bitch out of a Ritz female. Talk about some go.

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
Jerry said:
Has anyone seen a Cosmo pup that wasn't vocal???

Jerry
No but I love'm..... If I knew then what I know now when I trained the most intelligent, marking, lining dog I'll probably ever own.... She would have been a dog to beat..... And she would have been on a truck that could have made her a national contender...

She taught me soooo much!!!! :wink: Thank you my "Diva".... You made a dog trainer outta me. At least I like to think so..... :wink:

Angie

G

·
cosmo pup that wasn't vocal? nafc fc carbon copy of horn creek, best line manners on the west coast! of course frank may have had a hand in that.

·
Registered
553 Posts
FC-AFC Trumarc's Stormin Norman great dog and great line manners since he was a young guy. None that Ive seen have been noisey but I hear about it from a few other people. Not sure what they do but Im glad I havn't figured it out :)

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
jeff t. said:
David Maddox said:
David,

Sounds like you had very good results. Do you know if any of those pups have had to work through (or are still working through) noise issues?

Jeff
I know one of those two FC's, FC Bayou Teche Tex. Tex does not have any noise issues. In fact, none of the Cosmo get that I've seen down here have any noise issues and there are a bunch of them.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Noise

Have a 9-year old Cosmo bitch (littermate to Angie's Diva) that is VERY vocal...saw another littermate years ago running hunt tests, also vocal - screamed all the way from the line to the mark, on land and in water. My girl is noisy in the blind hearing the excitement ahead of her, and noisy on the release.

Vocal or not - great trainability, wonderful house dog, fantastic mother. VERY happy with this bitch.

Betsy

·
Registered
526 Posts
Bred my Lean Mac FC bitch to Cosmo and have 6 pups just getting on the Pro trucks. I can not tell you how pleased I am with these pups. One little girl came into the world with a voice that she let be heard. Her owner took care of that early with training and corrections and the other 5 have shown no signs of being vocal. These pups are NICE and a repeat breeding will probably take place late this year.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts