RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen or own any puppies by "Deke"?

I would appreciate any knowledge anyone has about Deke himself or his offspring.

I don't think he's had many litters.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think he’s sired a few litters in Australia and maybe 2 over here. Don’t know anything more about his pups. He’s a nice dog. Saw him run twice. He can mark. Pretty sure he has all the clearances including echo

·
Registered
25 Posts
I haven’t seen Deke run or met him but based on what I know about him I really like him. People seem to say he has a great temperament and is highly talented. I think he has been injured recently. I follow Horsetooth Retrievers on fb and he hasn’t been in any of the pictures lately. He’s around the top of my list for stud dogs.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven’t seen Deke run or met him but based on what I know about him I really like him. People seem to say he has a great temperament and is highly talented. I think he has been injured recently. I follow Horsetooth Retrievers on fb and he hasn’t been in any of the pictures lately. He’s around the top of my list for stud dogs.
He had a torn bicep. He's going to be running in the NARC I believe.

Reactions: Tobias

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone seen or own any puppies by "Deke"?

I would appreciate any knowledge anyone has about Deke himself or his offspring.

I don't think he's had many litters.
Hi,

My partner and myself own Deke's daughter in Melbourne, Australia.
(her records state that her father is Horsetooth Penalty Shot -- the breeder we bought her from in Australia gets her dogs artificially inseminated from American stock).

The puppy's name is Lucy, and you can see her here: Login • Instagram

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a nice "Deke" litter coming up. Line bred Shaq. He's early in his breeding career and I expect we will be hearing about some of his pups soon.

·
Registered
42 Posts
There is a Deke litter on the ground in Texas out of a Texas Troubador, Downtown Buster Brown granddaughter, Google niece, whelped in October. Great pedigree. Contact Mike Miller (903) 227-8267. Shaq puppies speak for themselves - alot of heart and intelligence.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
What traits in a female or kinds of lines/pedigrees would match best with Deke? I saw one Deke breeding that was to a Sweetie’s Easy Rider daughter and linebred on Shaq. Looked nice.
Deke pups are all still very young. I figure it will be a couple years before we really know, as is with any up and coming stud. So what I did with my breeding was tried my best to double up on known characteristics and looked at Shaq. But...Shaq produced great dogs with many different crosses.

I chose Deke because I wanted to produce the same "type" dog as my bitch. A cerebral dog, hard charging, great training attitude, team player. Also has good conformation. He also has clear genetic panel including advanced cardiac.

Then to hedge my bet it's line bred Shaq.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts