RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently there was a thread on Good Looking Stud dogs and Itchin' To Go came up. There are many great dogs with Itchin To Go in there pedigree. Does anyone have any stories or memories of him during his career. I know his stats, what he produced, and that Hugh Arthur trained him from reading his bio on retriever news but was hoping to hear some stories from the older generation that had the pleasure of watching him compete at the nationals and other trials and what kind of dog he was like.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I remember watching him, he scratches a lot..just kiddding:)
I would like to hear his story also, anybody?

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
All my itch stories were in relation to stories told about Harley. Though from what I understand he was impressive and a good producer.

Angie

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Won`t go into Itch but he had two of the nicest owners I`ve known....Jim

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Probably from what he produced down the line, but many, many field dog pedigrees have Itch in the last spot on the right or just off the page to the right. Sometimes 5 times...

Pretty sure he's behind Harley, Lean Mac and Cosmo, plus many more.

I bred the only female I ever owned to him in about 1982-1983.

Quite a dog.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would love to have some semen on Itchin to go. Or even be fortunate enough to have him in the 2nd generation of a litter. I remember when I started in this game I was training with an old field trialer and after my dog took of for the mark I said," wow he's itchin to go." The old field trialer laughed and that's when I learned about Itchin to go. I think there's another thread right now about Top producers and I would have to say Itchin to Go produced some Great dogs that produced many more titled dogs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably from what he produced down the line, but many, many field dog pedigrees have Itch in the last spot on the right or just off the page to the right. Sometimes 5 times...

Pretty sure he's behind Harley, Lean Mac and Cosmo, plus many more.

I bred the only female I ever owned to him in about 1982-1983.

Quite a dog.
John when you were breeding your female to him I was just a new born and never new this wonderful game ever existed.

·
Registered
502 Posts
When i made my list of competitors that i thought would be there at the end at nationals, Itch was on one.
GG

·
Registered
875 Posts

Itchin To Go

1 - 9 of 9 Posts