RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
This thread is over a year old. I have read the stats on his offspring, but there is nothing quite like hearing from individuals about how their dogs/puppies are doing.

Does anyone have any pictures of their Ali pups to share?

I'm considering using him as a sire for my dog.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Paula, we thought of using him also, but went with Hank due to the fact that we did not need to add more fire to the litter. Also wanted only yellows. I think Ali is choc facted also. If you see Wilfred McAnsespy around anytiime soon, ask to see his young dog. Yellow out of his black female and Ali. 6 pups all black but the one.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Looking forward to the Ali pup's from Gracie's sister Rachael! I feel they will be something special.
I'd say Sylvia got this right. One of these pups, Vinwood's Million Dollar Baby (Babe), has been high point derby dog since long before she aged out. Her derby activity was carefully regulated with sights clearly set on All-Age.

I've never heard Danny speak as highly about any young dog.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Karen, thanks for the input. As far as I know Ali is yellow factored not chocolate.

When I ran the hypothetical breeding through K9data, it comes out similar to my dog. Dixie has been very trainable for me considering I didn't even know what a hunt test was when we got her. She is been great as a house dog and hunting dog, hunt tests came last.

I also looked at Good Dog Info regarding Tiger McBunn and Teddy's Ebonstar James, since those are her grandsires on top and bottom. Most titled dogs for Tiger's grand off-spring also have Webshire's Honest Abe and Trumarc's Zip Code in their pedigrees. Teddy was bred much more than Tiger, but his grand off-spring seem to have done well with many different mixes.

Thanks to any who have information to share.

·
Registered
273 Posts
This thread is over a year old. I have read the stats on his offspring, but there is nothing quite like hearing from individuals about how their dogs/puppies are doing.

Does anyone have any pictures of their Ali pups to share?

I'm considering using him as a sire for my dog.
I own an Ali pup from this litter: http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=21323

Feel free to PM me if you need any specific information.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Paula, we thought of using him also, but went with Hank due to the fact that we did not need to add more fire to the litter. Also wanted only yellows. I think Ali is choc facted also. If you see Wilfred McAnsespy around anytiime soon, ask to see his young dog. Yellow out of his black female and Ali. 6 pups all black but the one.
Ali is not chocolate factored........

·
Registered
412 Posts
Here are 4 offspring of Ali from littermates Rachael and Gracie.
The two with the Blue Ribbons are both on the derby list, the one
on the right is the current hi point derby dog Babe with very limited trials and Mavis
on the left with limited trials as well and 35 derby points.
The other two are one year olds currently in training with me.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
I bred to Ali this spring and had 9 great pups! They are 4 months old and are in a combination of Search and Rescue, FT, and other working homes. I am thrilled with my personal pup, who is in training for HRD and retriever work, and doing fabulously. All reports from the other owners of pups are awesome! Nice balanced pups with lots of drive and smarts. Of course the bitch was pretty nice as well - but Ali had some to contribute. Ali is a great dog, love to watch him run. Would recommend him.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts