RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever have any of his offspring. I know the colleoni's owned him but didnt know if they bred him much.i know he had over 100 AA points and qualified for a Natn at like 11 yrs old and was trained by a few different people but know Rob Montgomery did alot with him.I was just curious how he was as a producer.Anyone see him run?I figured ED might remember him.

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you go to offa and research him it looks like he has 4-5 offspring. That have gone through with the ofa. Although they were bred back in 1988/90.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
If memory hasn't failed me, Frank Baird and Mike Cicero at Mad River Kennels in Texas trained Chief for a while before Rob Montgomery. I had a young dog going thru basics at the same time at Mad River. I believe Chief had fertility issues and eventually was sterile so not many offspring produced unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes Frank and Mike probably did have him as I think Carruth and Bartlett might have aswell but dont hold me too that.He is a very good looking dog

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
frontier said:
Frank Price and Mike Cicero at Mad River Kennels in Texas .
:shock: Bayou Magic?????

probably was Frank Baird, and yes Frank and Mike had Chief for awhile, his original owner was from Tenessee as I recall, he and his wife moved to California to train with Rex and eventually sold Chief and his sister Victory Chief Sugar

he was a very nice, big, handsome dog

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok my bad I wasnt sure but knew paula had other dogs with them for times and thought they might have had chief also since I knew more than one person had him before Rob did I believe.Thanks Ed for the info.

·
Registered
947 Posts
frontier said:
If memory hasn't failed me, Frank Price and Mike Cicero at Mad River Kennels in Texas trained Chief for a while before Rob Montgomery. I had a young dog going thru basics at the same time at Mad River. I believe Chief had fertility issues and eventually was sterile so not many offspring produced unfortunately.
Not this one! :p

Frank Price

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Yes, Frank Baird.. :oops: Can't even remember my own last name sometimes...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Cheif

Roger Conant at Landmark Retrievers worked with Collieoni in later years but not with Chief. I just had a conversation last week with Roger on this exact issue. Cheif was not bred very much and when he was bred he was not bred until he was older. What pups he did produce i understand from Roger where extremely nice animals. Call Rick. I know Rick well and he would be more than happy to speak with you about Cheif and his offspring. [/list]

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was at Paula house 2 weeks ago but didnt talk to her about him and she trains with us when she does train.I know Roger uses her dogs for stud but she said she doesnt use him for ANY kind of training other than when Roger was Frank and Mikes assistant.I know Roger did the training on her young yellow male out of bear but only because he was doing a video or something of several of the pups from the litter and Cody is a nice marking pup but he wasnt FF or OB very good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts