RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joe was in full time training/trialing for 9 months a year and then returned home to 3 months of guiding pheasant hunters 2 to 3 times a week. To say that Joe enjoyed this life is an understatement and the number of birds he flushed/retrieved both in training and in hunting situations was unbelievable.
Upon retirement from trials he started being a guide dog from October to April and a dog that all of the clients enjoyed hunting over, plus at this time he became a full time house dog sleeping beside the bed at night and sitting in "his chair" and watching the world go by outside. In his spare time he was able to sire numerous pups that people found to be the ideal "great in the house and a fire ball in the field" dog. Rest in Piece my friend you will never be forgotten by the many people that watched you work and the many people that have found great pleasure owning one of the pups that you sired. Your owners will be stepping over you, looking at the "cookie" jar, looking at the door for you to come in from outside and will always remember the thrills you gave us in the field. With tears in my eyes I "good by my beloved JOE."
Terry & Pat Roglitz
trog

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Joe was in full time training/trialing for 9 months a year and then returned home to 3 months of guiding pheasant hunters 2 to 3 times a week. To say that Joe enjoyed this life is an understatement and the number of birds he flushed/retrieved both in training and in hunting situations was unbelievable.
Upon retirement from trials he started being a guide dog from October to April and a dog that all of the clients enjoyed hunting over, plus at this time he became a full time house dog sleeping beside the bed at night and sitting in "his chair" and watching the world go by outside. In his spare time he was able to sire numerous pups that people found to be the ideal "great in the house and a fire ball in the field" dog. Rest in Piece my friend you will never be forgotten by the many people that watched you work and the many people that have found great pleasure owning one of the pups that you sired. Your owners will be stepping over you, looking at the "cookie" jar, looking at the door for you to come in from outside and will always remember the thrills you gave us in the field. With tears in my eyes I "good by my beloved JOE."
Terry & Pat Roglitz
trog
Very nice tribute!

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Terry,

My deepest condolences buddy. Joe was a great dog and I'm proud to have gotten to see you handle him in an All Age stake while I had his young puppy on the truck.

Joe lives on in some of his offspring. I love my Joe pup and will try to continue to make you and Joe proud.

Chris

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Terry,

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Lainee, Flash, Bullet and Tango

·
Registered
7,778 Posts
I'm so sorry Ter. I know you said he wasn't doing well. Joe was one of my favorite studs and always will be. Many of his pups went to family and hunting homes and they love their Joe pups and we kept several females that continue his spirit. The LeanMac/Bebe cross is one of my favorites. I will forever remember agile Joe leaping over the lawn mower for his girls and knew one was coming when you turned the corner. RIP Joe, you were a great buddy that could do it all.

·
Registered
404 Posts
What a special post. Thank you for this. Many of us will never have the honor of owning an FC but aspire to as well, and your post is a testament to the fact that Joe was as special in your heart as he was to those who judged him to be a Champion in the field.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae Mammal
Candlewoods Captain Jack Sparrow

Sorry for your loss Terry.

We love our Joe puppy and will continue to try to do Joe proud.

Jenny & Glen Guider

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Terry,

I'm so sad to hear this news. Within the past two months both of my pup's parents have gone across the bridge. I know how special Joe was to you and I'm so honored to have a Joe pup. He is a wonderful house dog and a fire-breather in the field. I also know you take great pride in knowing how wonderful Joe's offspring are doing both as hunting dogs and as testing and trialing dogs.

Treasure the memories, Terry.

Godspeed Joe.... see you across the bridge.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
My condolences, Terry, he was a great, handsome dog that gave many people wonderful dogs of their own. RIP, Joe.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
So sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Terry

Soooo sorry to hear about Joe....**** sends his condolences......I enjoyed talking to u last year about joe and his off-spring ****.....

R.I.P. Joe

Joe lives on in some of his offspring. I love my Joe pup and will try to continue to make you and Joe proud.
Well said Chris.......**** & I hope to do the same

·
Registered
269 Posts
My family loves our Joe Pup. She is the happiest dog I have ever owned. Worker in the field and a lover in the house. Thanks Terry for giving me the opportunity to own a Joe Pup. RIP Joe.

Josie4up by novemberwitchtdb17, on Flickr

·
Registered
442 Posts
Very sorry to hear this Terry. Sounds like he had the ideal dogs life or should I say labs life. You have probably seen some of my bragging posts about my Joe pup "Thunder" I will tell you that he's as good a dog as I could ever be blessed with, and I can only hope to have him as long as you had Joe. Take care we will be thinking of you.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Another great dog is now at The Bridge. I am so sorry for your loss but the memories Joe has left behind are treasures.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts