RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday mornings not spent in the duck blind or in church are a great time for duck and dawg TV. DU TV, Waterdog, Ducks with Billy and Buck, and a couple other hunting shows fill my morning time slot. But not after today... i am sick to death of seeing crappy dog work. These morons have good enough dogs to be on TV or even have a show named after them and they are not worthy or sniffin my dogs butt!

If you happen to catch Waterdog this morning, they were hunting flooded timber in AR with a yellow dog named Buddy. The handler was shown doing some drills prior to the hunt and he had to handle his dog. This goober looked like he was doing some sort of dance, SWAYING both arms together in a quarter circle motion from his legs up, i believe was an over - WTF!!! The dog even broke during the hunt. PATHETIC, HORRIBLE, HERENDOUS, $#!()% even (that last word started with an S, had a couple Ts and ended with Y)

Ducks with Billy and Buck is always filled with "fetch it up", "fetch it up", "here", "here", "here", "fetch it up", "fetch it up"... then the duck is dropped at his feet - but not before the dog breaks on EVERY SHOT!!! Good girl he says - ignorant!

Who do you have to have a Polaroid of to get on one of them shows? All this crap is doing is showing Joe Hunter that what he is doing with his dog is normal and proper. It may be the norm in a lot of cases, but it ain't right.

Shayne :bad-words:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
What channel??

Shayne,
On what channel are these shows aired??? The only time I get to see dogs on TV is on American Birdhunter or sometimes ESPN.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Oh we don't get that one....

We don't get that one....only the Outdoor Channel.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Shayne
You mean all trained up like this

<=====

·
Registered
52 Posts
Billy and buck are my pet peave...it would be one thing for a host to hunt with someone who has a crap dog but for the host of a show to do it is something else. That doofus said a few weeks back that he wouldn't take 15,000 for that dog! :lol:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Lame, Lame, Lame!!! Buck & Billy is pathetic! But the guy is oblivious he thinks she (who names a fem "Buck"?) is the greatest! $15,000? Sorry Billy - NOT!
Dave - Who turns it on hoping that somehow, someway there will be some "good dawg work this week" and all I ever see is d-o-g work :? :x
PS Seen some good dawg work this AM at the KWHRC Training Day :wink:
________
MAZDA BONGO HISTORY

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
boomer 453 said:
Billy and buck are my pet peave...it would be one thing for a host to hunt with someone who has a crap dog but for the host of a show to do it is something else. That doofus said a few weeks back that he wouldn't take 15,000 for that dog! :lol:
Billy doesn't seem like a duck hunter to me. He seems like a yankee car salesman. Buck... lets just say should name the show "Billy and Buck, SUCK."

Another complaint i have is that on DU TV... every week that stinkin Executive VP is hunting somewhere... on DU member's dime.

DU sucks, NAHRA sucks, Cannings sucks, dawg work on TV sucks, duck hunting in Fort Smith sucks, the sporting clay range is closed, and the greatest macho duck dawg in the world has only picked up 4 birds this year... i'm in a bad mood. :x

Shayne

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Then for Pete's sake, go back to bed and shuddup!!!!!

Dang Babies!!!!

Looks as though we are going to have to go to Barrett's Bird Farm and shoot through his pens in order to get a few ducks here.

Jerry

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yep, It all SUCKS!!!

I heve to agree with you Shanye. Although I have put more birds in the bag than you this year. The dog work on these shows is horrible. I did see one DU show with the DU dog Drake and he did honor and do some nice work. The people that produce these shows have as much knowledge as the 100yd SkyScraping Trolls that watch them and think it's cool! :drinking: So since the birds are not around, you know what to do. Jerry and I are here to help in that respect. If I ever win the lottery and start my own show, I'll have Ya'll with real dogs on as guests.

Paul-TEXAS

T

·
0 Posts
I saw that episode out in San Fran where is actually said he wouldn?t take $15,000 what a freaking nut. I would take around $500 for a half trained dog. What about you Peake. I watch the OLN every weekend when I am around. I have seen a lot of un-textbook handling out there on T.V it just makes me want to work harder and focus on getting better when it comes to handling with my dog. Hey what do you people think about getting Shayne is own T.V show, to show the ?Pros? how it it?s done.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
It would be great if Shayne had his own show. He could take turns inviting us to hunt all the best spots in the world. Put me and the Wonderdawg on the list!!!!!!!!!
Last years Master National HT is on thursday the 16th and again on the 26th on OLN.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
What makes me cringe even more is knowing there are lots of guys out there wishing they had a dog that could do as well. Awhile back there was a pointing dog show called "Doc on Point". He could have cared less about retrieving, and if the "star" handler said "Whoa, Doc" once, he said it a thousand times. Now that got really obnoxious.

If you could get the money to back your filming, find guides or clubs to "GIVE" you prime time access by promising free adverisement and convince some ill-informed TV exec that your show will "fly", wouldn't that be a neat scam to get tons of superb hunting, be a "star", and make a little money on top of it? The dog is just a pawn, but "Buck" has it made. Buck and most viewers don't know Billy has mediocre standards. Does Billy? Does Billy even care?

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Macho Dawg TV! Sounds good to me. Me and the macho choco dawg would take buddies and their dawgs huntin in all the best spots. I would do a segment on training, including interviews with pros accross the country.

It would be real hunting - such as...

If 3 birds come in and there's 4 guys... WE ALL SHOOT!!! Then argue about who hit what.

If some rednecks where sky bustin or callin at our ducks - they'd hear about it.

The boat would not always work perfectly.

We'd put out Mojos.

We'd shoot cheap steel shot and miss a lot.

We'd talk wimmen, dawgs, and cold beer - not just about conservation and blah blah blah.

We'd shoot the hell out of hens... drakes perferred but a limit is the goal!

We'd stuff a teal, gadwall, or spoonbill in the mud so we could make room for one more mallard in our limit.

Somebodies decoys would always get shot.

We'd bring an extra gun for the cameraman so we could shoot his limit.

Dawgs would wear collars and get lit up for non-compliance.

Anyone who couldn't call good would be hear about it and be forced to put their call in their pocket.

We'd waste half-a-box of shells tryin to sluece a gadwall hen on the water.

HBO would put out an un-edited version on DVD.

Anybody else got ideas?

Shayne

·
Registered
849 Posts
But ever once in a while

I keep watching those stupid shows (when I get the chance) hopeing I'll get to see some good dog work. A while back NW sportsman did a series feturing Dean Cooper with 'Dillon' (Golden Retriever MN hall of famer) and it was defitnatly worth the time to watch. There are lots of good dogs out there, and I can't for the life of me figure out why these show execs choose not to use them.
tom---who wants to see 'chucker huntin with Mike & Lottie"

·
Registered
52 Posts
Shayne,
Got to be sure to include the doofus in the middle who claims to hit everything
the guy who wallops the bird thats already falling stone dead-and claims it
the guy who forgets to reload
And above all- be sure to get the guy who falls face first in the muck on the way to the blind

T

·
0 Posts
Hey I'd watch it every Sunday morning. You guys think me and boomer could get an invite to hunt on your show too. We are your most loyal viewers :lol:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
And be SURE you mention that Jerry is out in a blind. Don't dare show him in the truck, getting warm, with Sweet Thing!!!!!!!

Better yet, just ALWAYS say that Jerry is in the blind whether I'm there or not.

Jerry

·
Registered
123 Posts
The show must have a crappy cabin or trailer that is barely habitable (like it usually is) OR a beautiful lodge with hot babes waiting the card tables, pouring 30 year old scotch and lighting our cigars.(since that is what our wives think).

1 - 20 of 88 Posts