1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
223 Posts
...must be tired read it as "Fallon bites Police Dog ... " and thought geez John what now ... LMAO ... [sorry John couldn't help it ... =0)

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Have seen some trainers bite dogs on the nose for noise etc. Usually no help, but does provide entertainment for any wintnesses.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Must have been a wash out or started dog. There's no way a perp can bite a bite dogs ear and walk away with a scratch. That would be like saying ,,,I have a one hell of a hunting dog but he backs down if the birds are crippled. That dog should have come back with furry .
Pete

·
Registered
521 Posts
Must have been a wash out or started dog. There's no way a perp can bite a bite dogs ear and walk away with a scratch. That would be like saying ,,,I have a one hell of a hunting dog but he backs down if the birds are crippled. That dog should have come back with furry .
Pete
LOL. Isn't that the truth. If someone had bitten my malinois on the ear they would have needed a face transplant!

Buck

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
I once had a rather temperamental TB mare. She especially hated having her mane pulled or feet handled. I don't remember which he was attempting, but she bared her teeth and took an evil snap at Ralph's arm. Without a nano second of hesitation, he grabbed her ear and chomped! He drew blood! Suzy, the mare, froze then dropped her head, trembling. She never, ever attempted to bite anyone again, including the farrior who was forever grateful!

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Carol
Police dogs are trained to take on a fight. That means the harder the perp fights the harder the dog should fight. This is accomplished with a blend of good genetics and good training. If a perp. hits a police dog and the police dog shuts down the police officers life could be in danger.
pete

·
Registered
789 Posts
Carol
Police dogs are trained to take on a fight. That means the harder the perp fights the harder the dog should fight. This is accomplished with a blend of good genetics and good training. If a perp. hits a police dog and the police dog shuts down the police officers life could be in danger.
pete
Not only that, but dogs LOVE LOVE LOVE what they do! You put a dog on a HOT CALL.... running code at 80 MPH arrive on scene and jump out of the car. Guess what, not only are you jacked and have a little adrenaline pumping through your veins, but Fido does too. Do a track or a building search and find the bad guy, and the fight is on.... well you just accomplished the equivilent to a big fat LOUD rooster pheasant flier about 15 yards in your retrievers face. The best reward and fun that dog can imagine.

I have worked with ALOT of Mals, have yet to see one that would not cut it for lack of fight or prey drive. More often then not with a Mal from my experience you have a bigger problem with the dog being a dick and sevier Rank drive. I have seen several Shepards washed out for lack of fight drive or being too soft.

In Salt Lake right across I-15 from the Utah State Prison in Draper there is a building that is owned by the Utah State Department of Public Safety. The building is called the "Fred House Academy" Fred House was killed in the line of duty in 1988 in Kamas Utah during the Singer/ Swap standoff. Fred was killed after he gave his dog a override command to engage a bad guy. The dog no-go'ed for Fred and the bad guy had a chance to turn and shoot striking and killing Officer House. It hits very close to home here. That same dog was then surplused to either Minnesota or Wisconsin and did the same thing up there. If the story I heard is correct they ended up putting the dog down after that incident.

Moral of the story... get a Mal! 40 lbs ligther, ya dont have to lift a big fat Shep over a fence (mal will clear a 6 ft fence with ease) You wont have to worry about hips, ankles, eyes and other genetic issues Sheps have.... and oh yeah the SOB will have all the fight drive you could ever ask for.... and some ;)

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
That punk is proud he did it too. I hope he faces additional charges for assaulting a canine "officer."

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
...must be tired read it as "Fallon bites Police Dog ... " and thought geez John what now ... LMAO ... [sorry John couldn't help it ... =0)

almost the same here but I read it as Felony Bites Police Dog...so I thought Tim B. was up to something

·
Registered
431 Posts
Mals are awesome dogs but not for the faint off hearts. Kind of like a shepherd with a border collie mind.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Mals are awesome dogs but not for the faint off hearts. Kind of like a shepherd with a border collie mind.
More like the Tazmanian devil.... only Taz is more in control and smarter lol. There is a reason they have the name "Land-Shark" and/ or "Mal-a-gator"

On a side note, if I was into Dock jumping... I would go with a Mal and dominate. The down side there is that they can't swim... but when you clear the pool I guess there is no need to swim haha

·
Registered
614 Posts
They should have tazed the SOB for biting the dog! Notice in the interview how the defendant has his pants half way down his azz. If there is a next time for him maybe they will turn loose a whole pack on him.

Lonster

·
Registered
78 Posts
When I describe a malinois, I tell everyone it is like a German shepherd on crack. I've had three and they are great dogs

·
Registered
311 Posts
I like when we used the old fashion Doberman, try biting one of those :). They use dogs that less intimidating to public anymore, nothing against Mals..

·
Registered
431 Posts
More like the Tazmanian devil.... only Taz is more in control and smarter lol. There is a reason they have the name "Land-Shark" and/ or "Mal-a-gator"

On a side note, if I was into Dock jumping... I would go with a Mal and dominate. The down side there is that they can't swim... but when you clear the pool I guess there is no need to swim haha
Lol. The one I had was name Cyclone and very fitting. The cop i worked with 1 day working dogs he had
a a mal go under utv...... pissed. He eased under it and finally got his collar to get him out. I ask him why he was
So easy with the dog. Said if it was a Lab he'd have been drug out. He laughed and said that wouldbe have caused
a lot of blood shead mostly his.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts