RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Female Dogs Getting Aggressive With Each Other

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ErinsEdge 
#1 ·
Quick question, will a female not in heat be more aggressive towards a female in heat? My two females have gotten along great for the most part, but since my other female has gone into heat, the senior or alpha has gotten really bent out of shape, to the point of trying to come through the kennel at her. When they are airing, they've been getting a little chippy lately, but I can usualy tell them to knock it off, but this morning it carried over into the locker room.

#2 ·
Quick question, will a female not in heat be more aggressive towards a female in heat? My two females have gotten along great for the most part, but since my other female has gone into heat, the senior or alpha has gotten really bent out of shape, to the point of trying to come through the kennel at her. When they are airing, they've been getting a little chippy lately, but I can usualy tell them to knock it off, but this morning it carried over into the locker room.
I own mostly males for a reason. I can tell 2 intact males to knock it off and they just stop. My only bitch who is now spayed is the brat.

#3 ·
Yes. Because the senior "Alpha" female is the only one in a pack situation that will carry a litter, with the rest of the females helping out. The less dominant female will sometimes start instigating fights (sometimes for the rest of their lives together) with the dominant female, if she has a litter. I have a pair like this. They can NEVER be let out together, after three years of getting along just fine, they now hate each other.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.