RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My female woke us up this morning to the awful smell of diarrhea. She also vomited once this morning but is still eating and drinking water. In total she has had 5 bowel movements today and they have all been diarrhea and no more vomiting. She whelped her litter 3 days ago. Is this normal?

Thank you.

G

·
I would take her into the vet mine had an infection after she whelped because my vet didn't give her a cleanout shot. In the "old days" they always gave one now they say as long as you get all the afterbirth out they should be okay not so in our case. If she gets sick it will affect her milk. You dont want to have to bottle feed these pups.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
My female woke us up this morning to the awful smell of diarrhea. She also vomited once this morning but is still eating and drinking water. In total she has had 5 bowel movements today and they have all been diarrhea and no more vomiting. She whelped her litter 3 days ago. Is this normal?

Thank you.
Definitley a vet visit. Take her temp. Anything over 102 is above normal to me. She may have just ate too many placentas.

·
Registered
658 Posts
It's not unusual for the ingestion of afterbirths to cause some diarrhea, she will probably be fine but three days is time to remove dewclaws so take her in with the litter for a check up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts