RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.5 yo lab male who is now going through a second bout of fever (104.5-105.1) and lethargy without any indication of a source. This happened back in December, lasted a few days and then he seemed to be fine. All blood work comes back normal, a short tick, etc.. test came back negative. Seems to be sore (muscles) and seems to be some correlation to a hard workout. However, being sore should not raise white blood cells. Any thoughts/experience?

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
High white blood cells is an indicator of infection. Depending on what type of white blood cell is elevated determines the next step in treatment.
Get him to the vet and have them check which one, some anitibiotics should help until they determine the cause of elevated white cells.
Have them do heartworm test.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I had a girl develop a very high fever a few weeks ago -- was fine that morning when I left to do work and came home 8 hrs later to a very sick, 105F temp. Injectable ABs, and a course of a week of amoxy took care of it. Still have NO idea what caused it but she was much better after 3 hrs of the injection.

Good luck. Anne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts