RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Jacket-Golden Lake Garment Co.
Gloves- Under Armor (running gloves maybe?)
Hat- Avery Handlers cap

·
Registered
316 Posts
for gloves I looked at first for black golfing gloves thinking that they'd be really light weight and thin, but ended up getting a pair of batting gloves which are just as nice. If I remember, I picked those up at Target!

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
I have tried just about every type of glove for a variety of applications (shooting,hunting,bird throwing, dog training, etc) but the ones I like best are baseball batting gloves (specifically those made by Mizuno) they are cut like my golf gloves but have breathable lycra and leather palms for grip...I have tried the football gloves but they almost grip too well with the tacky finger material which sticks to bird feathers

another product I learned to use from my calf roping pals is a hand balm called Working Hands, usually found at Lowe's or a horse & tack shop...it works great in the winter to keep your hands from getting cracked or split from always being wet, after throwing decoys or handling dead birds..

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
another product I learned to use from my calf roping pals is a hand balm called Working Hands, usually found at Lowe's or a horse & tack shop...it works great in the winter to keep your hands from getting cracked or split from always being wet, after throwing decoys or handling dead birds..
Sure Bon, sure..... :monkey:

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
I just like the lightweight Cabel'a glove liners. They have a little stretch to them. I keep several pair in my drawer so when they get wet, I just change them. For training, I just use the black knit gloves that cost $1.00 from the check out line at the Target. If I loose them I don't care. I have no use for leather palms like Bon does, ;)I just like a close fitting glove.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Jacket--I use the Golden Lake
Gloves: Black Mechanixwear
Hat: any old black hat--don't have one with a white underside.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts

·
Registered
7,630 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Avery also has a white as well as a black handlers jacket with a mesh back. Along the coast, the quilted one could be used for maybe 2 months. JMHO.

Janet

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Gloves?I can remember all the amatuer women used to wear them but are the guys wearing them now?Jim

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Gloves?I can remember all the amatuer women used to wear them but are the guys wearing them now?Jim
come on Jim, you are old enough to remember where the "Rex Carr standard look" of the 70's was the white coat with black leather gloves, at least it was the standard attire on the west coast circuit..very Tres Chic

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Save yourself some trouble and pick up a pair of Mechanix brand gloves from your local auto parts store.
They work great, hold up for a long time and are OK when wet.
The Original is good enough for dog work but if you want to get technical visit the Mechanix website.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you all for the suggestions. Am going to pick up a white columbia shirt and the avery cap and the mechanix gloves. As for the hand balm....I'll leave that to you guys.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Save yourself some trouble and pick up a pair of Mechanix brand gloves from your local auto parts store.
They work great, hold up for a long time and are OK when wet.
The Original is good enough for dog work but if you want to get technical visit the Mechanix website.

I buy the all black mechanic gloves from Fastenal. 14 bucks. They are washable and hold up pretty good. They also have womens sizes as well.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts