RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Otter for a ride today to go watch some dogs.He needs to be around the excitement so I figured we would go to the Field Trial at the DesPlaines Wildlife Area.The Trial was organized by the American Amateur Retriever Club.Normally at DesPlaines for a Trial or Hunt Test you go to the headquarters first to find out where everything is set up,get a program,etc... .There was nobody there.The building was locked and the parking lot was empty.I could hear some muffled shots so I figured I would follow the signs to the dogs.

I saw the "A"s first but would have had to do a U-turn around a median so I followed the "O"s and "D"s.This put me back on the highway.The next exit had an "O" so I took it.Now I'm headed west looking for more "O"s.I didn't see anymore.(I found out later they were a good ways away, about a third of the way back home near Morris.)After driving awhile and not seeing anymore "O"s I figured I would just go back to the "A"s.This is where I took these pictures today.I did get to see some nice dogs work and also I met RTF'er Amiablelabs and his wife.Nice people who pointed out another RTF'er who was judging.I figured I would see the "O"s on the way home but the sky blackened and I headed north instead.(There was a Tornado Warning for that area on the way home).Anyway here's some pictures from today.I never did find any more "O"s or "D"s again.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
It was nice meeting you too Bob. And in Otter you have a dog with a lot of promise.

My wife designed and painted the signs with the leaping retriever.

The RTFer judging the stake was Dr. Ed.

Shortly after you left, we had a tornado warning and everyone had to take cover. It missed us, but not by much. Sherri and I had driven back to the HQ to ex our dogs, and when the siren sounded we began throwing all of them in the stone-built outdoor toilets. Yeah, I know, very gross, but it would have been safer for them than the truck if the twister had struck.

I am back at the motel now waiting for everyone to check in so I can get complete callbacks.

More later.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
John Gassner said:
Nice picture of Bruce Ahlers and Raggs?
Yup.

And the other handler appears to be Everett Lancaster with Patty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts