RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though we did not place in our first derby we ever saw or ran we accomplished more than what we expected. We did make it to the final round only to go out on the 325 yd down the shore memory bird. I would like to thank South La. RC on putting on a great event and also to our derby judges Brandon Edmondson and Vernon Hathcock for all the patience and help they gave to a rookie in his first FT game. Thanks again

·
Registered
8,654 Posts
How wonderful! I hope I can run a derby sometime before my pup ages out. I think it would be a blast!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Even though we did not place in our first derby we ever saw or ran we accomplished more than what we expected. We did make it to the final round only to go out on the 325 yd down the shore memory bird. I would like to thank South La. RC on putting on a great event and also to our derby judges Brandon Edmondson and Vernon Hathcock for all the patience and help they gave to a rookie in his first FT game. Thanks again
Not bad for a first derby. Just remember all the things you did right, and repeat them. Remember the things you would change and work on them. You gain valuable experience and that will make you better. Keep trucking and you'll get there.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Way to go Cajundogman, you finished your first trial.
Hope you got just enough to keep you coming back.
Keep up the good work, good luck and have fun.

Gregg Leonard :cool:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I hope your experience encourages others.

Not saying it's easy, but it's not as hard as a lot of people make it sound.

If the dog is prepared it is a lot of fun.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
You did very well and got to experience the excitement of getting to the 4th series in your first test. Good luck to you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts