RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend I had the opportunity to participate in the first first HRC test held in California. The test took place at Prado Dog Park in Chino Ca.

The test was sponsored by the Prado Basin HRC club, I really have to extend a big thank you to the core HRC folks who came out to support the new club and insure the weekend would be a success. We had HRC President Mike Witt, HRC Vice President Kevin Bearden, HRC field Representative Margot, as well as HRC folks from Washington, Ohio, Louisiana, Sacramento and many other places who made the trip and supported the event.

The Prado Basin team really above and beyond to insure the event would be a success. Everyone from the club president Steve Stevens who organized the event and put the right people in charge to Lisa Griggs the club secretary who insure that all the costs could and would be covered to Kelly Greenwood the hunt secretary who did just about everything during the course of the weekend. Larry and his brother in law Steve who prepared the best dinner I have ever had at any event.

I had the privilege of doing my judging apprenticeship at this event under Kevin Bearden. Kevin is a great guy with a special talent of putting everyone at ease including me and really getting us to focus on having fun and testing our dogs.

The weekend seen several dogs receive their titles from Started level to Finished level and yes we had the throne of honor complete with water.There are several photos of the event posted on the HRC web site.

Again I can't say thank you enough to the core HRC folks for supporting the club and the event and we can't wait for our next test which we're hoping will take place in the early fall of this year.

Regards,

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have talked to a few people at the event and had nothing but praise for it. Time to gear up and be ready for California's second HRC test this fall up at SAC River HRC's test. Nera Crawford was down at Prado Basin and taking notes for their test. Great Job Prado!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts