RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not much for bragging on my self but I don't mind bragging on my pup. Reese my 16 month choco and I ran in our first Hunt test this past weekend.
Reese got two started passes!!!
He did very well and I was very proud of him and he got plenty of complements from spectators and judges alike. I can say it was a great weekend Had a chance to meet some great folks and look forward to our next hunt test.
We did however find out a few things that I have to work on with Reese before we go to our next test so we don't begin to build bad habits for seasoned level. Mostly dealing with the walk up and holding blind manners. Otherwise I couldnt be happier and cant wait for out First Title!

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'm not much for bragging on my self but I don't mind bragging on my pup. Reese my 16 month choco and I ran in our first Hunt test this past weekend.
Reese got two started passes!!!
He did very well and I was very proud of him and he got plenty of complements from spectators and judges alike. I can say it was a great weekend Had a chance to meet some great folks and look forward to our next hunt test.
We did however find out a few things that I have to work on with Reese before we go to our next test so we don't begin to build bad habits for seasoned level. Mostly dealing with the walk up and holding blind manners. Otherwise I couldnt be happier and cant wait for out First Title!
John, he did a great job even though he is a Chocolate! :razz: Also, thanks for helping out this weekend. I hope you enjoyed the test we set up.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
John, he did a great job even though he is a Chocolate! :razz: Also, thanks for helping out this weekend. I hope you enjoyed the test we set up.
Happy to help Bill. The tests were great even for a Chocolate;-)...

·
Registered
390 Posts
Congrats, your pup did do a good job.

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Pls post pictures of your dog and ribbons. Congratulations!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Jonathan,
It was really nice meeting you and you are sure shot on the line. Don't think you mssed even one duck!!!
Good job. Reese is a good one for sure.
Couldn't find the pullover you had on the cabelas site though???
Take care and hope to see you sometime in the near future.
Ernie

·
Registered
977 Posts
Love the pics, congrats!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Great pictures Jonathan. I love the launch!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Bill. Maybe Ill get to come to the next training day and I can set up a test for you misty and cappy...:p

·
Registered
602 Posts
Thanks Bill. Maybe Ill get to come to the next training day and I can set up a test for you misty and cappy...:p
Misty got to run in Finished on Saturday since I was not Judging. It had been awhile since I have gotten to run her. Land series was a little sloppy, but her water was spot on except when they forgot to plant the blind. However, she still ran a nice blind even without the bird there. :smile:

Cappy needs all the work he can get. I have not ran him in a test yet and he is 1 1/2 years old. I am in no hurry with him. Maybe this fall I will run him in a Season test.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts