RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She was a Chesapeake.

She stood out right away when she grabbed the pigeon & took off, with the pack of littermates tearing after her.

She was the birdiest dog we've ever seen.

She was a Master Hunter at 18 months, a MNH as a 3-yr-old, QAA in Canada as a 1-yr-old, in the US as a 2-yr-old, and had Open Jams both sides of the border.

She was incredibly fast & stylish, a thrill to run and watch.

She had 3 litters, most pups were QAA or HT titled, some with AA wins both sides of the border, and one titled: AFC Fannie. She was one of the top-producing Chessie dams.

She could grab a goose better than dogs twice her size.

Her favorite hobby was taking off into the woods, finding the most disgusting dead thing imaginable, eating it, then rolling in it.

In retirement, after the other dogs trained, she got to carry a bird back to the house. When she struggled to walk more than a few steps at a time, we knew it was time to let her go.

She was the most joyful dog on the planet: how does such a vital spirit go and not leave a hole in the universe?

She was a Chesapeake.....

Dancer, your dance card was always full; thank you for dancing the dance with us.

Connie and Bill

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
My Condolences. She's left many pups which will continue to honor her for years to come. Paul

·
Registered
8,645 Posts
She was the most joyful dog on the planet: how does such a vital spirit go and not leave a hole in the universe?

Connie, what a perfectly wonderful comment. Through this one line I believe I know your Chessie girl.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Thanks for posting, very sincere and well written tribute. You were blessed to have had 15 wonderful years. I just lost mine that was born in '97, and it hurts.

My condolences.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Very nice tribute to Dancer. RIP. Condolences to all who knew and loved her.

Proud owner of one of her grand daughters,

Damon Sweep

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
They're with us for to short a time.

I'm sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
She was also the grand dam of two of the nicest Chesapeake gun dogs I could hope to own: one through her Tiger breeding, the other with Decks. My thanks to her, and you, for that. And my condolences to all who loved her.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Sorry for your loss!!

The Homburg's

·
Registered
348 Posts
Sorry for your loss , prayers sent from her grandson .

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I am so sorry for the loss of your "Dancer" , may her spirit live on in your heart

" I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance(r)"

With Sympathy,
Earlene

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
So sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I sure hate to see these losses. My sympathy to you.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts