RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched for postings but did not see anything so here's my question..

We have found some fleas on our 7 year old lab for the first time. I think our neighbors are contributing to the problem which I wont go into. Had been using the frontline for most of his life until our new vet has us on Advantex. My question is do any of you use any type of lawn treatment with success? What kind and how often do you apply? Spray or granual? Do not want to spend the money if its just a waste of time. Thanks for any replys!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I spray this stuff around the house, and in the yard. It takes care of business. It takes care of all of the bugs. I but it in one of those ortho spray bottles that you hook the end of a hose, and spray the whole yard down. Before I sprayed this stuff for the first time, I couldn't walk around outside for a minute with out getting bitten. I had no problem after I sprayed.
I get it at Tractor Supply.
Gordon's® Permethrin-10 Livestock & Premise Spray

G

·
I use advantix II and have been happy with it. I have used frontline but my dog always would get a hot spot after applying it this doesnt happen with advantix. Im afraid to spray my yard because my dog eats the grass like a cow.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I use Vectra 3D and have been very happy with it. I also have not had any problems with Frontline, either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts