RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have an 18 month old FLEX X Latte pup who is going to be the real deal. A couple of his littermates are doing well on the western curcuit in the derby. Mine is easy to train, smart, very easy going in the house but all business in the field. I'd take more like him in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I had a litter of Flex pups last August. Kept the sole male and a female. The others are mainly going to be at least hunt test if not field trial dogs. One is with a big name Pro young dog trainer and then will go to the big name Pro who he works with. Too early to say much definitive with mine except that they are extremely smart and seem to have tons of drive. They should be running Derby. Hunt tests for sure. BTW - Flex is currently ranked #5 All Age and tied for #1 Open. I'm gunning the Open at Ohio Valley RC, so I saw Kathy and Johnny yesterday. She's judging the Qual and Derby and he's running some of their other dogs. Flex is running with Alan this weekend in North Carolina. Needless to say, they're very excited about Flex's rankings and that he's recently broken 100 AA points.

I'm excited about how Meglyn's Flexible Flyer (Sled) and Meglyn's Flawless Axecution (Lizzie) will turn out - as well as Meglyn's the Skye is on Fire (Skye) down in Texas.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've got a 15 month old (flex x tavi) female in training now. Hearing good reports, hopefully some derbies later this summer.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I am currently training my third FLEX sired male. The one I referenced nearly two years ago is turning out to be a very nice dog. On Pleasant's truck currently. Three and a half years years old. In his last 5 or 6 opens he has a 3rd, 4th, and a JAM. JS's Jumpin' Jack Flash. Call name Jack.
Another one went to Penny Youngblood and is with Dave Rorem. That dog turned two on April 1st of this year. Dave ran him in two quals and Gio earned a second and a first. He is signed up to run his first Open next weekend. JS's Game On. Call name Gio.
I also have a 11 month old FLEX sired pup that is showing real promise as well. This dog can really mark. JS's Street Corner Preacher. Call name Amos.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 15 month old Flex pup from a breeding to FC Tavi. I absolutely love her. Nice marking dog and is learning the mechanics of blind retrieves. She’s around 52 pounds which is similar to her Dam.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have a 15 month old Flex pup from a breeding to FC Tavi. I absolutely love her. Nice marking dog and is learning the mechanics of blind retrieves. She’s around 52 pounds which is similar to her Dam.
You and I must have litter mates. Miss Green female. Black Mountain Too hot to handle, Tikka. You got the 3rd female yes?

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have 2 flex pups. one out of a bullet bitch that is coming along nicely she will be 2 in November and another out of KPR wet willie bitch that just shy of a year old and is also progressing nicely, she has litter mates with pro ft trainers and its all the same story flat out can mark and smart.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I know most of his pups are fairly young, but what are the early reports?
Thanks in advance
I’ve seen 3 or 4 derby pups that I wanted to kidnap. All were from different bitches and VERY NICE!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts