RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Wondering if anyone can offer advise on flying with an E collar in your carry on or checked baggage. Any concerns with the TSA security regulations? I was hoping to have it in my carryon backpack as I should not need to check baggage. Flight is tomorrow, so please advise! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Check with TSA, Tri Tronics, or Dogtra, checked bag probably not a problem unless it has gunpowder residue on it, carry on would probably create some interest which would be easily dismissed by turning it on and activating it.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Hello! Wondering if anyone can offer advise on flying with an E collar in your carry on or checked baggage. Any concerns with the TSA security regulations? I was hoping to have it in my carryon backpack as I should not need to check baggage. Flight is tomorrow, so please advise! Thanks in advance!
I usually have them in me carry on. Never had a problem.
Don and Crew

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your response. According to TSA regs you should have lithium ion batteries in your carry on, not checked. But I had heard from some K9 handlers that they always check their collars and 1 gal had issues at check in with her E collar! So I decided to follow the regs and bring it thru with my carry on. I had no issues! ;-) Will be good to have my own collar as o train Wisconsin this coming week!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts