RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im curious to know if anyone has had success feeding their field dogs a kibble -that isn't Purina Pro Plan Sport? Anything on the market that is pallatable to the dogs??? Grain-free or with Grain. As close to 30/20 as possible but Im willing to consider close to it.
Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
I fed Dr Tims for a little bit. Nothing particularly wrong with the food, but there was something wrong with the dog though (pre existing) so I switched her. The maker had working dogs in mind.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Both of mine get Dr. Tim’s Pursuit and do well on it. Previously I fed Euk 30/20 and now I’m feeding 1/3 less on the Pursuit

·
Registered
57 Posts
Switched to Victor about a month ago. Currently feeding their 26/18 and have been very pleased with stools, energy level and feeding less then I was with PPP 30/20.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I've gone back and forth between PPP and several other 30/20s, and Victor is one I've felt my guys have done as well on as anything, though their stools were much firmer on the 26/18 Professional than the 30/20 Hi Pro Plus. Current young one is a fussy eater and picked at PPP and the Professional Victor the older one will wolf, so I sprung for a couple big bags of Dr. Tim's Pursuit without seeing visual change other than his perhaps picking faster. (May give Kinetic a go next fall...)

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've used NutriSource as well as Fromm with success. PPP left horrible tarter on my dogs' teeth when it was used at the pro trainer's kennel.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I switched from Euk PP to Victor Hi Protien (30/20) about two mos ago. Have a young male who have had hard time keeping weight on him. This is higher Kcal per cup. He is doing very well on it. Have put two others on it as well.. considering switching the whole kennel .

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Purina supports our game. Think about it

·
Registered
949 Posts
Dr. Tim's is a great food!

Pursuit 30/20
Kinesis 26/16

Victor is next on my list.

HiPro 30/20

·
Registered
309 Posts
I feed PMI Exclusive Chicken and Rice to my adult dogs, and PMI Large Breed Puppy to the young dogs under a year. I supplement my whelping females with Taste of the Wild.

This combo has worked very well for us for several years now, and I couldn't be happier. Firm stools and good weight maintenance, even during cold weather.

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
I've been feeding Farmina for 4 years after Eukanuba was bought by Mars. I get the chicken/pumpkin grain free, and Cod for one. There is a chicken-puppy with 37/20 for pregnant and lactating bitches. It keeps weight on and great coats. They do have a breeder program and it is delivered with 600 pounds if you are near Northland Natural Pet in Minneapolis. Very happy so far although I do feed ProPlan Active to pups so buyers can get the food easily from Chewy or Amazon, and my stud in training stays on PPP and he looks great.

·
Registered
581 Posts
1 - 20 of 45 Posts