RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the TOTW food that was involved with the recall and would like to switch now. The dog did great on the TOTW just curious of a comparable quality food minus the salmonella.

Any other recommendations of other brands similar to TOTW to look into?

Thanks
TJ

·
Registered
7,752 Posts
I have several of my dogs on Earthborn and it is a good food. FT dog on Primitive and I also use the adult

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I'm so frustrated about this. I finally found a dog food that works great (TOTW) for my dogs and now need to switch. Need to find another lamb grain free food that is reasonably priced. (Been unemployed for two years now so finances are an issue. Please, no one get on my case for owning two dogs I can't afford. Had a good job before the economy went south. )

·
Registered
1,034 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I'm so frustrated about this. I finally found a dog food that works great (TOTW) for my dogs and now need to switch. Need to find another lamb grain free food that is reasonably priced. (Been unemployed for two years now so finances are an issue. Please, no one get ony case for owning two dogs I can't afford. Had a good job before the economy went south. )
I feel the same way. As posted above, my local shop is pushing Earthborne Hollistics, but it's more that TOTW for a smaller bag ($50 for 28 lbs vs $48 for 30). However, they do (or at least my local shop does) offer a frequent buyer program. Buy 12 bags, get 1 free. Given those figures, TOTW came out to about $1.60/lb and the new stuff is $1.64/lb.

I was tempted to try a brand called Hi-Tek naturals as they have a grain-free line. I think they had 30 lb bags for $42. That's more in line with the pricing of TOTW when I started feeding it 2 years ago. Has anyone else heard of this one?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've switched to nutri source they are a small high quality dog food producer. MN based. I'm new so you will need to add the www and dot com

www nutrisourcedogfood . com

·
Registered
494 Posts
Becky, the food I use now is Earthborn Holistic Grain Free Meadow Feast. It is a Lamb based food. Yes, a bit more that TOTW, but Earthborn has not had the problems that Diamond has had.

I liked the Meadow Feast because the protein was a little less than the other formulas for my dogs here with me at home. Dogs are doing well on the product.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Good thing I'm not into grain free. Earthborn, Nutrisource and many others that are mentioned here are not sold withing 100 miles of where I live. Think I will stick with Pro Plan.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I switched to Infinia, grain free, it's made by Exclusive(PNI). We are happy with the results so far. The dogs love it, no gassy dogs, and firm stools. Most carriers also do the buy x amount of bags, get one free.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts